Chapter 17

•Dionne POV•

Maybe it was that last can of alcohol I had before I made my way up to my room. Maybe it was the adrenaline I got from just interacting with Calum - maybe it was the fact that he was sleeping in the same bed as me. Whatever it was, whether it was any of those things at all... all I knew was that unconscious brain decided to do the most when it came to dreaming that night. Instead of a nightmare, though, this time it was... something else.

It was one of those dreams that really tricks you into thinking you're really awake. It started with me literally waking up, which is a good way to convince you that you're definitely not dreaming. I was in my bed, and it was dark. Then, I was suddenly making my way to the bathroom and staring into the mirror. I have no idea what my dream selfs goal was, but it switched up soon enough and then I was walking back into the bedroom.

It was this moment that retrospectively should've made it obvious that I was dreaming, but of course the brain isn't all that logical when you're asleep. I walked through my bedroom door, and saw Calum stood there with his back to me in the midst of pulling up those pyjama bottoms again... my brain didn't question that this exact thing had already happened. Instead, I just had that same shocked reaction of thinking "oh, that's his ass."

I was frozen still when he turned around, and my eyes drifted down to see that the pyjama bottoms were still just as tight. Rather than him actually saying anything, though, he just walked slowly towards me and reached a hand out, placing it under my chin so that he could tilt my head up to look at him. He was so close now that he was looking directly down at me, his own head tilted forward with slightly furrowed eyebrows. His other hand found it's way to my neck, gently caressing my skin and making my heart race in my chest. He softly licked his lips before leaning his head down and placing a few tender kisses on my neck, then along my jaw, moving towards my ear.

"You like this, don't you?" He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine as I practically melted in his hands. All of a sudden, my arms were wrapped around his neck and he'd lifted me up by the back of my thighs, carrying me toward the bed where I fell on my back as we feverishly kissed.
Everything was going so fast, and then his hands were underneath my shirt, moving around hungrily as he pressed kisses to my collarbone, getting lower and lower...

Then he sat up straight, catching his breath and running his hands down my torso, momentarily resting them on my hips which he'd settled himself in between. I let out a pleased sigh, my eyes blissfully falling shut as his hands continued to sneak away from my hips and up my thighs, squeezing them and then moving one hand up to hold my face carefully as he leaned back down so our lips were barely an inch apart.

For a moment, he just breathed against my lips, caressing my cheek with his thumb and knowingly gripping my thigh. He was pressing himself between my legs and I felt that same hand crawl down my thigh, giving me inexplicable tingling sensations as his fingers found their way into my pants... Unexpectedly, he let out a soft chuckle. Before I could question this, he kissed me just one more time; then, all so gently, his lips rested against mine and I couldn't help but to hold my breath... I could feel the hesitation of words building in his throat and it was killing me.

"You do know what you want." His quiet words fell against my lips like a breath, and I felt a gasp slip through as they did. I wanted to ask what he meant, or maybe I simply wanted to ask him to continue... but then it was all a blur.

Next thing I knew, I was waking up. I don't know if the dream ended there - something tells me it didn't, and that my brain did take it a little bit further than whatever I'd retained, but by the time I'd woken up most of that had faded away. Although, I could still somewhat feel his touch... As my brain came out of its sleep state, I slowly started to process what had just happened... and then my eyes shot open. Suddenly wide awake, I pushed myself into a sitting position and looked around in a panic - and then I realised that Calum was no longer in my bed.