Chapter Twenty four

Flashback

"Are you coming or not?" Nats voice rang through the bottom floor of the compound.

"One second!" You called back, your slid on your sweat pants and rushed to join her in the movie room.

"So what are we watching?" You plopped on a bean bag chair next to her.

"I don't know you pick."

~~~~~~~~~

"You pick." Tony said from his spot at the table.

"How about burgers?" You turned to Morgan, "Does that sound okay Draga?"

"Yes! Yes!" She bounced up from her seat and ran into the kitchen.

"You and your daughter love burgers." You stood up at the same time as Tony.

"Your the one who suggested it." He walked over and flung an arm around your shoulders. "Come on we have burgers to make."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You okay?" You turned around to see Pepper standing in the open door to the bathroom.

"Yeah, I just," You looked down and fiddled with your black dress, "I miss him." You let a tear roll down your face and it fell to the floor.

"I know, I miss him too." You walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you." You whispered softly.

"Honey, you are family, we will always be here for you." She smiled and took your hand, "Come on." You walked with her out side to the others. She spotted Bucky and turned to you.

"Go talk to him." She squeezed your hand before walking away.

Bucky walked over and put an arm around your waist.

"Hey." You leaned into his shoulder while saying that.

"It's starting." He said and motioned to every one lining up. "You should go stand close to Pepper and Morgan, he would want you to."

You looked at him and nodded before walking on to the docks.

You took your spot behind Morgan and Pepper, next to Peter and his aunt May.

"Hey Kid." You wrapped an arm around him and he gave you a soft smile. You could tell he was equally as broken. You both lost the only father figure you had in your life. You stood there, next to Peter the entire ceremony. You both shed tears as Pepper let the little raft made of flowers, carrying his reactor which had the words 'Proof that Tony Stark has a heart' on it, float down the stream.

You said your goodbyes and everyone went their separate ways. You weren't ready to leave quite yet, so you walked over to your favorite spot on the property, a little bench by the river that you and Tony would sit and talk at for hours.

"I've lost so many people, Tony," You let you, "I lost my parents and my dog...But then I found this, this family. I went through wins and losses with you. But then five years ago, I felt like my world was ending. I lost my boyfriend and my best friend. But you got me through it. You welcomed me into your life. You completed me. Man, we bonded enough that I could call you 'dad'." You let out a small laugh.

"But then I lost Nat and now, now you." A tear ran down your cheek as your head fell down to face your lap, "I wish it wasn't you. but it had to be you, you were the only one that could do it, and that kills me. I hope you are in a better place. A place where you can watch Pepper and Morgan grow up, a place where there is an endless supply of cheeseburgers." You smiled and looked up.