Chapter Thirteen

He fumbled with his keys at the door to his apartment. The building was run down but you guessed it was best for hiding from people. He finally opened the door but didn't go in. He stuck his real arm out behind him and put it on your waist, pushing you behind him. You looked up, over his shoulder to see what it was and you saw a man. You immediately tensed up but as soon as he turned around, you saw a familiar face. Steve. You let out a breath of relief but quickly tensed up again. Bucky let you out from behind him and Steve got very confused.

"Y/N?" Steve asked.

"What are you doing here?" You demanded. You stepped into the apartment with Bucky and he closed the door.

"I might ask you the same thing," Steve started.

"I thought you were at the accords." you cut him off.

"I was."

"Goddamn it Steve. I swear to god, if you brought people here I will kill you. I'm trying to keep Bucky safe. God knows what SHIELD would do to him. I'm not letting them get to him." You started reaching for your gun but Steve's attention flew to Bucky.

"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore." Bucky said and you looked over to him. I looked back and Steve was looking out the window. 'wait' and you saw it. Comms.

"STEVE!" You screamed an he looked panicked. You turned to Bucky. "RUN." Someone broke through the window and sent you flying back into a wall. You rolled so you were laying on your back.

"Y/N!" You heard Bucky scream. You groaned but got up as you heard more SHIELD agents making their way in. You attacked the ones coming in through the window. Once they were gone you turned around and saw Steve laying on the ground, Bucky's arm was fishing for something under the floor board. He pulled out a bag, threw it out the window and ran out the door. You ran out after him and saw agents flooding the stairwell. You pulled out your gun and starting shooting at agents while Bucky and Steve were attacking them. You noticed Bucky being much more violent than Steve.

"Buck, you're going to kill someone." Steve said. Bucky just grunted and jumped down the stairs. You were running down the stairs shooting agents left and right. "You too Y/N." Steve yelled. You saw Bucky jump out a window onto a roof. You ran to the window while Steve took out the last agents. Bucky was not alone on the roof. No, he was being attacked! By a..cat?A guy in a cat suit. You jumped out the window and ran over to him.

"Dude, that's my friend." You said crossing your arms. The cat-man turned around. You nodded at Bucky and he took off.

"Who are you?" The man had a thick accent.

"Someone you shouldn't mess with." The man started running at you but you jumped up, only to be caught by Sam.

"I need to find Bucky!" You screamed at him. He flew you over the interstate and you finally found him. He was on a motorcycle and you pointed to a stop on the road that he would pass by. Sam dropped you and you stood on the road, facing Bucky as he was coming at you on the bike. He held out his real hand and zoomed by. You caught it and flew onto the cycle, landing behind him. He put his hand back on the handles and you then realized how fast you were going. You gripped onto his waist very tightly and buried your face into his shoulder.

"HOLY SHIT THIS IS FAST!" You yelled against the wind. You felt him laugh.

"Lets get out of here." You heard him say before both of you were flung of the cycle and landed on the road. You both got up and saw cat man standing there and several shield vehicles pulled up. Sam landed next to you and Steve wasn't far you. Bucky pulled you behind him and didn't let go of your waist. Several agents came rushing out of the vehicles and surrounded you. One of them ripped you out of Bucky's grip and forced you to the ground.

You caught a glimpse of fear in his eyes and he yelled, "Don't touch her!" They put cuffs on you and several agents violently forced Bucky to the ground.

"Stop! You're going to hurt him!" You screamed at them. One agent just laughed at you. You turned your head and saw Rhodey landing across from Sam.

"Congrats cap. Your a criminal." He turned and shook his head at you. You saw the cat-man start to take off his mask and you gasped at the reveal.

"Prince T'challa." Rhodey looked at him. You didn't see anything else because the agents shoved you into a van.

"So you like cats?" You looked up at Sam. You were sitting behind him in the van with him, Steve, and T'challa.

"Sam," Steve started.

"What?" Sam continued, "Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't want to know more?" You shook your head and looked down, he did have a point.

"Your suit, vibranium?" Steve asked

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed warrior to warrior. now because your friend murdered my father," you tensed at that. T'challa didn't know what he was talking about, "I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" The conversation ended and you all sat in silence the rest of the way to the SHIELD facility.

You got out of the van and stood next to Sam. You rose your hand to cover your mouth and held back tears when you saw Bucky. He was in a metal chair that held his arms and legs still. He was in a glass cage. He was being treated like a monster. You locked eyes with him and saw his fear.

"I will get you out of here, I swear." You mouthed to him. He gave you a slight smile before being pushed out of sight.

​​​​​​​