Chapter Fourteen

You stormed into the room full with agents. Sam and Steve were not far behind you.

"Where is he? WHERE IS HE!?" You yelled at the agents. The agents, Sam and Steve looked terrified seeing you like this. Steve came up and grabbed your shoulders, pulling you into a room where Nat and Tony were. "I swear to god, If anyone hurts him-"

"Woah, since when are you so defensive of him?" Tony cut you off.

"He didn't do anything wrong." You glared at him.

"umm.. Winter Soldier.. The accords?" He listed.

"First of all, that was mind control. Second, that wasn't him." You sat down across from Sam.

"How are you so sure about that?"

"Because while the accords were being signed, he was in Romania." You shot back.

"You found him but didn't tell me?" Steve looked confused and hurt at the same time.

"You were kind of busy rushing out for me to tell you." You looked over at him.

"Seriously 'bird costume?'" You drew your attention to Sam and then to Sharon who was walking over to the table. She leaned over and pressed something on the table and security footage of Bucky's cell showed up on a screen in the corner.

"I'm not here to judge you." A voice said who you guessed was the man who came to question him. "I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" you tensed up. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me James."

"My name is Bucky." Bucky said. You smiled a little at that.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve passed you the photo take of 'Bucky' at the accord bombing.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon answered.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding." Steve replied. "Set off a bomb, get you picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?"

"I know some one framed him to find him." You mumbled.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam spoke up.

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve said.
"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Then gears started turning in your head. You looked back up to Bucky.

"Yeah."

"Tell me Bucky." The man said, "You've seen a great deal haven't you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky replied. Something was off.

"You fear that uh, if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop."

"Somethings wrong." You said and stood up.

"Don't worry," The man continued. "We only have to talk about one." all the power wen't out.

"Where is he?" You said frantically.

"Sub-level five, east wing." That's all you needed before you were running out the room.

There were people, agents, lying on the ground, injured or dead. Bucky had gone full on Winter Soldier mode. When you found him in the room where the cage he was put in was, Sam and Steve started attacking him while you attacked the man who turned him into Winter. You felt something cold push you down and you looked up to see Bucky standing over you. He was glaring at you like he didn't even know you. He then ran after Steve and threw him down the elevator shaft and then ran away. You got up and ran after him.

"I'm not loosing you again." You mumbled. You suddenly heard shrieking and a loud bang. You rushing over to where the sound came from and you saw Bucky standing there with agents laying all around the room. He didn't see you so you took the opportunity and attacked him from behind. You kicked his knees in, causing him to fall to the ground but, he grabbed you knee and took you down with him. He recovered quickly than you so he grabbed you and pushed you against the wall.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!" you screamed at him before he put his metal hand around your neck and started choking you. You started getting dizzy and black spots started appearing. Someone jumped at him and sent him flying back. You fell to the ground and darkness started overcoming your vision. You saw a figure standing over you but you gave into the darkness.

You were laying in a warehouse sort of place when you woke up. You were on the cool ground and you saw Sam and Steve in the corner talking. You sat up and saw Bucky in the middle of a room next to this large machine thing with his head in his hands. You got up and walked over to him.

"Hey Buck." You said, sitting down criss-cross applesauce style.His head shot up and his baby blue eyes met yours.

"I'm so sorry." He looked back down at his shoes.

"For what?"

"I hurt you, I could've killed you."

"Hey," You took his flesh hand in yours, "That wasn't you. That was him." He looked back up to you.

"I know it's just.." His eyes flickered down before meeting yours again. "all he had to do was say those goddamn words."

"Hey, listen to me, I will make sure he never hurts you again." You said.

"Usually it's the guy making sure the girl doesn't get hurt." He mumbled.

"Well i'm not a 'usual' girl." You smirked, "you saved my life and now I get to save yours."

He shook his head, "And what if I hurt you again?" There was pain in his eyes.

"Hey, you could never hurt me. I swear to you, you could never hurt me." You reassured him. "besides," You shrugged, "I kind of kicked your ass back there and before soo.." He chuckled and you saw a small smile."

"You should do that more." You told him.

He looked up, confused. "What?"

"Smile." You grinned and saw his smile return. Dang he was handsome.

"If you two are done flirting," Sam started. Both you and Bucky's cheeks went red, "We have a plan."

A/N: We love happy Bucky :)