Chapter Seventeen

One year. Eight months. One. Year. Eight. Months.
That's how long you had lived in his apartment. That's how long you had been hiding in Romania. That's how long you had been laying low. Not being seen. Not being heard. Not being found.
You only left Bucky's apartment on Sundays to get what was necessary for the week. You left and walked down the street to the grocery store every Sunday when it got dark. You always wore a hoodie, hat, sunglasses, sweatpants, boots, gloves, never leaving a print, never being recognized. In and out. As quick as you could.

So, like every Sunday night at 7:15 you were walking down the side walk to the toată ziua și noaptea. You kept your hair back in the hoodie and kept your head down. You couldn't help but feel like you were being followed though, so you picked up your pace and made an unexpected turn into an alley. You were facing the sidewalk and backed up deeper into the dark alley. You kept backing up until you felt something on the back of your head and you heard a click.

"nu te mișca." (don't move) The voice was came from a man with a thick accent.

"Ar trebui să fii cel speriat." (You should be the one scared) You retorted.

"Nu știu despre asta." (I don't know about that) The man leaned closer to your ear. "You don't have Barnes to save you now."

The words stung. Barnes. Bucky. He knew.

"What?" The word was barely a wispier and the man hit you on the head with the gun and you blacked out.

You were back in your apartment, Bucky's apartment. He was standing right in front of you, looking down at you with a smile, the smile you loved.

"Y/N." A voice said. It wasn't his.

"Y/N!" You shot your eyes open. You weren't in the apartment, you were in a warehouse. It was cold. Your wrists hung by chains above your head. You were chained to a large pole and sat on the cool ground. You saw a man kneel in front on you. He said your name again and this time, you recognized his voice. The man from the alley.
You tried to yell at him before realizing there was a gag in your mouth.

"Ahh, good, you're awake." He stepped away from you and you tried to kick him but couldn't. You looked down at your feet and saw that your feet had been taped to the ground.

"You must be wondering 'what am I doing here?'" He paced around before bending over next to your ear. His hot breath was fanning your ears. "I don't want you, trust me. I want him...Bucky." Your heart stopped at the mention of his name.

"He's coming here right now actually. He thinks he's gonna himself for you, but you see.." He sat down on a chair and looked down at you. "Once I get him back I'm gonna keep you and hurt you to make the super soldier do my will." You flinched and twisted trying to get out of the chains. Your wrist cut open doing so.

"When you were asleep," The man started again, "I got my pal to find Bucky, he got out of ice a couple days ago, and he did. So I video chatted with your little boyfriend and when I showed him you, a weak, hopeless girl, his girl, slumped down on the floor asleep, chained to a pole. He lost it. He said he would do anything to save you. I told him to meet me here alone and he agreed. So, we hung up and I killed my pal who wen't to meet him of course." He laughed and then there was a loud bang and the sound of footsteps running down the hallway and there you saw him, Bucky, staring at you with wide eyes.

"NO!" You tried to scream but all that came out was a muffled scream.

"Ah, you came!" The man sat up from his chair. He wore an evil grin.

"Let her go." Bucky started walking closer to you. Metal fingers were wrapped around his gun. Wait, metal fingers!? He had a new metal arm. It was gold and dark blue/violet-ish. "Y/N, I will get you out of here." You just shook your head and tears started welling up in your eyes.