Chapter Sixteen

You trailed through the snow with the men into the abandoned HYDRA base. Bucky was on your left and Steve was in front of you. Once you got to a set of stairs you went up first, then Bucky, then Steve. All the sudden, you heard aloud bang from behind you and the three of you turned around very quickly. Steve and Bucky both crouched down, Steve held his shield up and Bucky had one of Nat's guns up. You stood there with your hand on the trigger of your gun, ready to shot. The doors to the elevator in front of you were pried open and there stood a wild Tony Stark in his Iron Man suit. Steve lowered his Shield and walked over to him but you didn't move a muscle, nor did Bucky. Yes, Tony was one of your closest friends, but he was still a threat to Bucky. Steve talked to him for a few moments and then Tony looked over to you and Bucky.

"Hey, Manchurian Candidate and evil eyes, you're killing me. There's a truce here, you can drop.." Steve nodded and you both lowered your guns and walked over to them. You accidentally slipped on the last step because of ice, but Bucky caught you.

"My hero." You whispered and laughed.He chuckled and grinned before you turned back to Tony.

"Was that necessary Y/N?"Tony turned to you.

"Was what necessary?" You were confused.

"Not lowering your gun like I was some sort of threat." He started

"You kinda are." You murmured low enough for no one to hear but the super soldiers because of their advanced hearing. You caught them grinning momentarily.

"I mean I get Barnes..But you..?" Tony seemed disappointed.

"I mean, you did attack us back at the airport." You retorted.

"That was before I learned what was going on." You just rolled your eyes and you all started walking again.
The two soldiers were all ready up the stairs and turning down the hallway when you turned towards Tony and stuck your arm out in front of him, causing him to stop and look at you.

"What kid?" He asked.

"If you hurt Bucky, I swear to god Stark I will end you." You hissed at him. You walked off to find the boys leaving Tony staring in shock.

Tony caught up to you three as you walked into the room with five cylinder containers that had people in it. You walked over to them and saw that each one had been shot in the head. Your eyes landed on one in particular. A empty one. You knew who had been in it.

"Oh my god." You gasped and brought your hand up to cover your agape mouth. The man who had been in that container walked over to you and took your other hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Gone." You all spun around and saw the man in the door, Zemo. You shot the door three times.

"It won't break, this is HYDRA sweetheart." You saw Bucky tense up at Zemo's words. "Died in their sleep." He kept talking but all you focused on was how to end this man. He hurt Bucky, now he will pay. "December 16, 1991." You recognized that date. Why did you recognize that date? You turned and saw Bucky with a very distressed look on his face, He was staring at something. You turned and saw a computer playing security footage of a crashed car. Tony and Steve were both staring at it as well. You saw a man stumbling out of the car, Tony's dad. Another figure came into view, Bucky, no, The Winter Soldier. He punched him to death. He then walked over to the other side of the car, Tony's mom. No, you could not watch what HYDRA did to him. You teared up knowing that he didn't have control over his own mind and they made him kill. You turned and faced Bucky. Then you buried your face in his chest, letting the tears flow.

BUCKY'S P.O.V

She had her face buried into my chest. She was crying. I stroked her hair with my real arm, trying to comfort her. She didn't see me as a monster.