Newt and Chloe

Decided to switch between POVs in this chapter to make it more interesting. hope ya like it :)

Newt POV

She just left. How humiliating was that? I was stupid enough to like her and think that she might like me back. Chloe never liked me in the first place.

I went over the few moments that we were kissing. I had kissed her first. I was the one who pressed her against the wall. Did she even kiss back? I couldn't even remember but she probably hadn't.

It was funny, ya know? I had two or three girl friends before but the one girl that I was truly starting to like completely rejected me.

When she pushed me away and ran out she couldn't even look at my face. Was I a bad kisser or something? Did she really hate me that much?

I frowned, sitting on my bed. The room suddenly seemed big and empty.

Hurt and hollowness filled me up for several minutes. But then something else came. Anger aimed at Chloe. She lead me on. She let me kiss her for a few seconds. It was her fault I was going to die. And after everything she still didn't like me. I clenched my hands into a fist. Chloe was a complete bitch.

The best thing I could do was forget about her.

Chloe POV

This was not something to cry about. Tears didn't help anything.

I blinked them away the tears as I went into my room. My parents were at work so I would luckily get a few hours to myself.

What was I? A two year old, crying over something I couldn't have?

An idea flashed across my mind and I instantly went over to my huge bookshelf. In the back of the bookshelf were the Maze Runner books that I kept away from prying eyes. In a panic, I grabbed The Death Cure, rapidly flipping to page 250. My heart was thumping so loud from excitement and joy I could hardly contain it.

I ripped the page out of the book harshly then started tearing the page into tiny pieces until I could barley make out a single word on the shredded bits. I thought that if I could tore up the page then his death wouldn't happen, because James had said that the huge things that were possible in this world would happen only if it was in the book.

I'm panted and leaned back on my rear, putting my hands behind me to keep me propped up. In those few seconds of page tearing, I realized how crazy I had been acting. I really did like Newt. I read about him and met him and he was amazing in both worlds. Real and fictional. Maybe I was falling in love with him. Maybe I was already in love with him. All I had to do was explain it to him at school on Monday.

But...what if he couldn't escape the fate that was written for him?