Newt

Chloe grabbed my arm, digging her nails into my skin. She started to drag me away from Minho. For such a small girl she's pretty strong.

"Chloe, stop you bloody idiot!" I said once we were standing behind one of the squat buildings.

At that she rolled her eyes and let go of my arm. "Newt...we can't escape."

I didn't really know how to take that. So I sighed. "I know Chloe."

She blinks up at me. "I know why you have a limp."

"What?" This time I gulp and step back. She didn't tell me that she knew that.

"I'm sorry...the book says it."

I shake my head slightly, feeling like the air suddenly weighed too much. "I've just decided that you're not sleeping outside with the other gladers. You'll be staying with me in my room. I'll have to run over it with Alby but I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Really Newt, I'll be-"

"No," I shake my head again. "In fact something is wrong with this whole situation. You won't be talking to any bloody gladers again except Alby an me." I grab her hand harshly, staring to drag her to my room.

"Newt stop! You're scaring me." I just ignored her protest. She had to be a spy from that thing called W.I.C.K.E.D or something. I don't know. There was just something wrong with her. How else would she know about my limp?

But when she said that, I had to turn and look at her. All I could do was blink owlishly then continue our way up to my room. Once we finally got there I let go of Chloe's arm hesitantly. Almost immediately she snapped her arm back and away from me then stepped back slightly.

"Why are you doing this?" Her voice came out timidly as I sighed and sat on the bed. Honestly? I think I was doing most of it because I was scared. Scared of her and her knowing everything about me.

As much as I hated it, she could very well be innocent and not have any clue as to why they would send her up in the box. Well, she certainly looked innocent.

I looked up at her while she just blinked at me. "Sorry greenie. But you still have to stay up here in my room."

"You don't trust me?"

I hesitated for a moment. "No, I don't."

***
Hey whiskers.
This was a really short chapter and I'm too lazy to write more.
Sorry guys!