One Year, Three Months Later...

Part 1: Rise of the Ancient Apostles

368 years ago, Centoria...

"Lady Stacia, may I ask a question?"

A woman with long, brown hair looks down to a boy of fourteen years of age, blonde hair partially covering his white face. "What is it, child?"

"Why did you create this world?"

She chuckles and pats him on the head. "That's a complicated answer that you may not understand yet."

"Then will you be here forever?"

"Well... If such a day comes that me and the others are not here, you'll be here, my child. The Underworld will one day be full of people, and naturally people will need a leader. Some may be good leaders, some may be bad, but...if that day comes, the people here will be fine. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you're here. The first of my children, the eldest of sixteen, it is the responsibility of the first born to take care of the other children. Many children will be born in the future, so you must ensure their future. Only you and your siblings can lead the Underworld to a bright future. Remember that, always, Primus. Will you promise me that?"

"...I will, Mother Stacia."

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jaymes, Obsidia Castle, Dark Territory, 1 year, 3 months after the War of Underworld...

The first rays of sunlight penetrate the windows of the imperial suite, stirring me awake. Opening my eyes, I mentally sigh while raising my right hand from underneath the red covers of this unnecessarily large bed. Another day of being a council member of the Dark Territory, the leader of the Council of Five (Six, whatever) as one of two representatives between the Dark Territory and Human Empire. Or at least that's what the Human Empire believes me to be, while in the Dark Territory... Well, I'm in the imperial suite for a reason.

But let me bring you up to date since Kirito, Asuna, and I got Alice in the hands of Mr. Kikuoka and decided to stay behind in the Underworld during the maximum acceleration phase.

A few days after the war over a year ago, I made my first visit to the Dark Territory with my friend Eydis Synthesis along with pugilist guild leader Iskahn and orc leader Lilpilin. We spent a few days seeing the other side of the Underworld, a place not even I ventured to 300 years prior. Honoring Knight Commander Bercouli's wish, I along with the new Human Empire and Dark Territory governments began laying the foundation for peace. It hasn't been easy, especially on the Dark Territory's side. As a matter of fact, it has taken much of the time to rebuild the Council of Five after bringing the mages, giants, and both goblin tribes to heel. I don't blame them, but I don't spare the sword when threatened.

Once the Dark Territory was "united", things have gone smoother, but there are still issues. The primary one being the sole reason the Dark Territory hates the Human Empire... Or, at least the demi-human sects. Obsidia, the capital, is the only place with fertile land, and it is a human city. That means the goblins, orges, and giants lucked out to human domination, and still continue to suffer.

I did try a solution, one I did before to an infertile area of the Human Empire. I owe that idea to Lady Orthinanos, but while I was unsuccessful in my attempts, trying out the art helped gain some appreciation of the demi-human tribes and gained me the sixth seat. In all but some opposing recognition, I am the second emperor of the Dark Territory, but I don't do much anyway except mediate the Council of Five and international relations.

Speaking of the Human Empire, Kirito and Asuna seem to be doing a good job managing that side of the world as Human Empire Delegate and Subdelegate, a similar positioning to my own here. Like the Dark Territory, the Human Empire didn't respond well to a new government, leading to a short-lived rebellion of the high nobility of the four empires. We wiped out the royalty, and the new government brought the rest of the high nobility to heel. Like Kirito, I am a Swordsman Delegate over there, but decided to continue my work here and left the Human Empire's works to him and Asuna for the most part. It does create a sense of loneliness, I haven't seen those two in six months, but it is a necessary evil. I didn't plan on being around Kirito and Asuna the entire 200 years, anyway.