Twilight of the End of the World

Primus

"Can't say I'm surprised, Kazuto, Asuna, and Joshua. Your bond is strong...but at the same time, it makes you weak." Primus leans himself on a pillar on the ninety-fifth floor of Central Cathedral and glances at the dark-haired woman to his left. She smiles as her left-hand toys with the hilt of her rapier, her eyes on the northern horizon. Like him, she watched the battle from afar, through an art he conjured, though she seem satisfied with the result. Jaymes, alone, defeated Kirito in their opinion, but Asuna took over and almost had Jaymes down for the count. "You look excited, Eva."

"Ever since she descended in this world, I've been intrigued with Stacia's imposter. I have a desire to fight her, that's all."

"You'll get your chance soon enough." Primus holds up his right hand, and the images of Noxium and Stella appear in the palm of his hands. The respective younger siblings of Eva and Primus are currently on the other side of the End Mountains, awaiting his orders. He told Kirito that he has until the seventh hour, but Primus knew neither Kirito nor Asuna would put their friend down. He had not counted on Jaymes being saved, but it is a trivial matter. The fight was to stall for time, at the minimum. The deaths of any combination of the otherworlders would be cherries on top of the cake.

"Primus, is it time? Jaymes has been freed, unfortunately, and so has Eydis." The girl knight too? The power of the Orthinanos girl is strong indeed, but once again, no matter.

"Yes, Noxium. Worry not about whether they're under control or not, my preparations are complete. Right now, I suspect Kirito and his allies plot against us for a final confrontation. Now we commence our second plan, to forcibly take all they've built."

"How it should be carried out is up to you," Eva adds. "Do expect resistance from the defenders of the realms."

"What of the Integrity Knights? Surely you have something in store for them?"

Primus chuckles as he gets down on his knees. "I'm beginning the spell words now. Be strong, you two. As the mothers and father will it."

"As the mothers and father will it."

The image fades, leaving the elder siblings alone. Primus stares out to the night, a warm smile on his face. "Our dreams are in reach now. It's unfortunate it has to come to this, but our hand is forced. Even in its ugliness, this world is beautiful."

"That means we just have to do better with the next one, and lead it to the perfection Stacia sought of it."

"Indeed, Eva... Ah, two of our special guests have arrived." Primus smirks and closes his eyes. "The spell words require a great amount of time. Can you hold them off? No, can you hold Asuna off?"

"No need to. From the eightieth floor to here, there's a barrier that only I can enter and exit. In other words, take your time, for they'll have to kill me to come to you." Eva walks to the edge of the lookout, then looks back at the golden-haired warrior behind her. "I won't fail you, Primus. But if I do...finish the fight...and keep me in your heart." Primus silently answers her with a nod, and Eva leaps off the ninety-fifth floor for parts below. As she disappears, Primus focuses his attention on his part of the plan.

"The time has come, you otherworld mongrels. To avenge you, Brother, and to uphold my promise to you, Mother... System Call..."