Chapter Four

Pain. When Chronos came to, he was overwhelmed by it. He could feel his regeneration kicking in—had he been injured? His mind was foggy. Nothing was adding up. Why did nothing make sense?

His body hurt. Initially, that was all he was aware of. Stiff limbs and a headache from the dead.

"He's gorgeous for a werewolf," A voice said from somewhere behind him.

For a werewolf?

Where am I?

Why was nothing making sense?

"I hear that all of them are," Another voice said, sighing whimsically. "Do you think Annaliese will share him?"

Annaliese. Oh fuck. Had Lorcan found out about the plan? He'd flip his switch if he knew Chronos was trying to kill her. He'd start on his sob story about the bitch being important to Evette. But he couldn't have found out. No, surely not. He couldn't remember arriving back in the castle—this didn't even feel like the Territories.

"It's Annaliese," Was the answer. "I'll be surprised if the werewolf lives to the end of the week."

His mind rebelled.

"Keep your voice down. She'll have your head if she hears you saying things like that. You know how she gets."

"She'd have your head for eyeing up her new prisoner."

Prisoner.

Chronos had a sinking suspicion about where he'd been taken to.

"He is a looker though- you've got to give me that. All that muscle. And those curls. I'll bet he's got fuck me eyes too."

"If she catches you saying things like that, you'll have no eyes."

"Annaliese doesn't give a shit what we do with him so long as she gets Evette back. He's only here to bait the werewolf King out. And give it a week, the werewolf's going to be begging us to do things with him. I've heard rumours about this one. In the Common World, it's said that his stamina's immortal. Women come out of his bed as different people. Annaliese isn't going to care what we do with the werewolf so long as we keep him here."

"Do you really want to take the chance?"

"You don't know what you're missing out on. Last time I got fucked by a werewolf-"

"Like you've ever been fucked by a werewolf."

"Are you saying I couldn't bag one?"

"I'm saying they'd kill you first, or she'd find out and kill you for treason."

As the healing kicked in, Chronos' mind began to work again, connecting the dots.

He knew it for sure now. Somehow, they'd taken him to the gods forsaken realm of Veneficus, the abhorred homeland of his enemies.

His mind was struggling to remember how it had happened.

One minute, he'd been in the Common World, talking to Fenrir and Rosa. He'd been planning, rearing to kill the Queen of blood. Then what? What had he done to get here?

"A girl can dream," The witch sighed. He felt a hand tap his crotch through his jeans. "And this werewolf came packing."

Whoever it was would be losing their hand.

"Pity he hates the witches then."

"What do you think she'll do to him?" One of them asked.

"She's done something to him already. You can never know with her."