Chapter Fourteen

"Oh my," The Squire stumbled, bumbling his way down the dark, dingy lane that separated one row of cells from the other. Tiredly, Chronos growled into the back of his hands. "Oh my, oh my, oh my."

That was not the voice he wanted to hear when he first woke up. In fact, it was quite possibly the last voice he wanted to hear.

If Annaliese was looking for new ways to torture him, the sound of this man's voice on repeat would be a bloody good place to start.

He could already feel what the little shit was going to say. If Chronos heard those two words come from his mouth one more time, then someone was going to die.

She wasn't his mistress. She was Chronos' bitch, whether he was ready to accept that or not. The Squire's imagined claim to her was starting to get under the werewolf's skin.

He wanted to go back to sleep and start again. To hear a different voice first. Like her melodic one, for example.

A part of him wondered what it would be like to awaken next to Annaliese. To have her brown and gold hair wrapped up in his fist as she slept above him, her body curled against him like it had been last night. Better yet, he wondered how she'd peer down at him if she were to awaken with his head between her legs, his tongue lapping up the sweet taste of her cunt.

Gods. It had taken more self-control than he had to peel himself away from her last night. Closing his eyes and sleeping with her like that would've been so easy.

The other part of his mind strayed to dirty imaginings.

What would it feel like to awaken with her nails buried deep in his thighs, her eyes on him as she slowly took his cock into her mouth? As she gagged around him, her little hands cupping him.

Evidently, the beast was taking control. He'd known her for too long now to have only felt her kiss once.

The beast was getting impatient.

Most mates were marked and fucked within the first twenty-four hours of meeting their males.

The beast was a simple creature. Much simpler than the man. It wanted to fuck, claim and mark. Nothing less, but certainly much more.

The beast wanted everything from Annaliese. Likewise, it wanted to give her everything.

The man didn't know what he wanted. Even as Chronos pretended to know where he stood, he knew his doubts were creeping up on him.

The Squire's voice sounded again.

"Have to... before my Mistress..."

If Chronos got his hands on that witch...

"Not good, not good, not good."

Chronos would kill him.

"Mr Chronos!" From his metal bunk, the werewolf raised his brows at the witch, really not in the mood for more bullshit. His claws itched to tear the little man's throat out and drop it down at the Queen's feet in offering. "Mr Werewolf, sir." He threw a glance around himself, nervous. "Mr Azrael- newly appointed head and sole general of the vampire armies- has suggested that I come down here and alert you of what is to come."

"The fuck are you talking about?"

"My Mistress has just awoken and she isn't particularly happy, sir."

"Tell me something new," Chronos muttered, trying to suppress his anger. My Mistress. Nope. It wasn't going down well.

"This anger is directed at you, sir."

"When is it not?"

"Is that a joke, sir?"

"Fuck off."