Chapter Thirty-Six

A hand ripped Killian away from her, flinging him aside before he could do any serious damage.

Annaliese breathed in quickly, gulping and gasping as the air returned to her lungs. A new set of hands grabbed her, flinging her up over a shoulder.

She knew those hands. Those protective hands. This was Chronos.

He'd come for her.

Bastard.

He'd betrayed her, doing far worse than anything she'd ever done to him. With Annaliese, Chronos had always known where he stood. But Chronos had promised she could trust him. He'd told her that she needed someone to rely on, someone like him, with so many threats lurking in Castle Solum who was out to get her. He'd never mentioned he'd made a deal with one of those threats to stand back and let Nazreen die!

Nazreen, the little freak she'd raised from young. 

She might as well be my daughter.

And Chronos had been willing to stand back and let her die!

No. Annaliese wouldn't stand for it. She certainly wouldn't be accepting his help.

As if she needed him. She could fight her own battles. Besides, if she was going to have soldiers, she'd stick with the ones that knew which side they stood on.

Chronos had done what none of her enemies had ever succeeded in doing. He'd won her trust before brutally throwing it all away.

Annaliese felt no relief at his touch. Nothing but searing, burning anger.

He might've come for her, but he'd done other things too. He'd made a deal behind her back. He was going to let Nazreen die.

In revenge, Annaliese was going to punish.

He growled lethally at the next vampire to come near them.

"Fucking dare," He hissed. "And I will make your death a misery."

The vampire hissed.

"You're outnumbered, mutt."

"Watch that fucking stop me leech."

The vampire came at him, making a grab for Annaliese. Chronos didn't let her go. He poised for the attack, claws striking through the air like knives. Chronos killed him, blood splattering.

Heaving, Annaliese kicked out at the werewolf, biting his bare shoulder. He grimaced and yanked her hair until she let go.

"The fuck are you doing woman?" He squeezed her arse possessively. "Can't you see I'm trying to help you?"

"Help me? You bastard! Let me go before I make you bleed out your fucking arsehole."

With threats all around them, Annaliese's hissy fit wasn't the priority.

"I'll deal with you later." He buried a hand in his pocket, growling and kicking the next vampire that got too close.

Her throne room was a blood bath.

"Hold on," He hissed at her, tearing the throat out of someone else that got too close. He moved his hands from her body. Annaliese took this as her chance to slide back down to her feet. She didn't get far. The werewolf growled and snagged her once more, pulling her into him. "The fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Let—me—go."

"Never." His claws dug into her side. "Hold on tight Leese." He took a deep breath. Holding her tighter than ever before, he slammed his hand down on the portal jumper.