Chapter Seventeen

"Annaliese!" He screamed, rocking back on his heels as the vampires dragged him up another flight of stairs. "Where the fuck is that blood bitch?"

The blood bitch that haunts my every fucking thought.

That fucking evil blood bitch that he couldn't dispel from his mind.

Killian tusked, even broodier than normal after his recent demotion.

"Kicking up a fuss won't bring Annaliese to you. All you'll do is piss her off. God knows the bitch doesn't need any more anger in her than she's already got."

Piss her off? Chronos hadn't seen her since she'd broken his nose and knocked him out earlier. Throughout the day, his ire had grown.

The reminder of what she'd have him do tonight was on his mind.

He'd walked into it- maybe- but that wasn't the point here.

The point here was her.

Suppose he could've outright told Amber- another witch- that he wouldn't sleep with her—but where was the fun in that? Yes, mates had their fealties to each other, and the chances were that he wouldn't be able to go through with fucking her—but this was all beside the point. The plan had been for Annaliese to get jealous, showing that she was attracted to him. Instead, she'd played him like a violin.

A part of him was tempted to sleep with her just to spite the Queen.

In fact, that was exactly what he'd do. They'd see who got the last laugh when he slept with her. When he bent her over so far that she'd be seeing stars for weeks.

Besides, it wasn't like Amber had been hard to look at. Her red hair would be long enough for him to grip onto as they fucked—albeit not as soft looking as the Queen's. And it didn't have those sexy, unexplained strands of gold running through it. But she was clean and attractive. What more could he ask for?

Annaliese.

That was who he wanted to fuck.

"Then fucking get her," He snapped back at the vampire. "Bring her to me. Call her here. I don't care what you have to do. Just get her."

"For what? She says you've agreed to this. She seems to think you're looking forwards to it. She won't do anything. Do you really want to piss her off right now?"

She said he'd agreed to this.

He'd have loved to hear her say that.

To see her face and listen to her heartbeat. To pray to every holy entity that she cracked something.

It was decided then. If Annaliese didn't care enough to stop it, then he'd sleep with Amber. It wasn't like the mate bond mattered anyway.

She didn't care for him and he certainly didn't care for her. Not in the slightest bit. Not at all. The blood Queen meant absolutely nothing.

"You won't make her jealous," Killian said, speaking idly. "And if by chance you somehow manage it, she won't let you see."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because we're allies."

Right, they had a deal. Killian would give him access to Annaliese if Chronos turned a blind eye when he acted against Nazreen.

He didn't appreciate the reminder.

Thus far, he hadn't actually betrayed his mate. By that logic, this bond they had between them could still be salvaged. But leaving Killian to do as he pleased could very well ruin things.