Chapter Twenty

Castle Solum's throne room was like nothing he'd ever seen before. The throne room in the Territories had nothing on this one.

This one was made for functions and events—for power. The witches had always run things differently to the wolves. He shouldn't have been surprised.

He didn't fail to notice that there was only one throne upon the dais. There was only one monarch. He tried to picture his mate sitting in it. She'd be all regal looking in her long, golden dresses with that brown and gold hair tumbling down her back. She'd look lovely, as ever. A true sight to behold. He imagined her overlooking things and shot hard immediately.

Annaliese and her constant dominance seemed to have that effect on him.

What he'd give to see her dominated.

He imagined sitting in that chair himself. Annaliese would be there too, with her legs wrapped around his and her arms drooping around his neck. She'd lean forwards as if to tell him a secret before feeding his shaft into her pretty body. Her nails would curl into his skin as she panted, moaning as he plunged deeper, her pretty toes curling. And then she'd bounce on his lap, fucking like there was no tomorrow.

She'd moan his name into his ear, telling him all the things she wanted him to do to her. Equally, he'd move to ravish her.

This was the full moon working its magic already.

All he had to do was think about her and she'd have him by his balls.

She already had him by his balls.

For once, he didn't complain as the witches and the vampires chained him up. Tonight, this would be necessary. Once they'd finished, they were supposed to leave.

For once, the blood Queen was taking his advice. Tonight, she was kicking everyone out of her castle.

He noted that the Squire hadn't been sent to chain him up.

Annaliese knew what would piss him off and what wouldn't.

Which meant she was learning him. Possibly a good thing, probably a bad thing.

But he swore to all things holy- if he ever laid his eyes on the Squire again, one of them wouldn't make it out alive.

Judging by his physical strength and possessiveness, Chronos knew who'd win the upper hand.

Tonight, they had his arms chained above his head. No amount of movement would let him at Annaliese. It'd been his idea.

She wasn't ready to bear his mark. He wasn't entirely sure he was ready to give it to her.

If this was going to happen, there were things they had to get figured out first.

By the time she'd entered the throne room, he could sense that they were all alone. Everyone else had evacuated for fear of her wrath. For fear of the feral beast she was keeping in chains.

He took a moment to take her in.

Everything about her was hauntingly beautiful. From her hair to her warm—cold— brown eyes and her figure.

He was supposed to find her this way. Everything was pushing them towards each other.

Mate bonds simply didn't fail. Even though it seemed impossible now, they'd accept each other eventually.

To Annaliese, he felt he had so much to offer.

She was gliding across the room in her long, golden dress. The sides were slitted, giving him that heavenly view of her lovely legs. Tonight, he wanted them wrapped around him.