TWO

GULF'S POV
Gosh  ! This is heavy ..I said to myself as I struggled with my new set of books and copies while trying to match my pace with Principal Sir who was already inside my new classroom. The name plate above the door proudly announced CLASS 11 (SCIENCE) SECTION A. I nervously entered the room where around thirty students were gawking at me as if I am a new specimen in their local zoo.

Yes I am a newbie . My Mamma and me have relocated from Chiang Mai to Bangkok just a couple of weeks ago. Classes have already started a month before and I have joined in late . My heart was thumbing very fast as if it will come out any moment . My previous school was somewhere I had spent my entire childhood and teenage years . It was like a second home to me . Standing on the threshold of my new classroom I have suddenly become numb. Putting  on a brave face I entered the classroom .

Let me tell you something about myself . I am Gulf, the only son of Lucy and David Kanawut . I am seventeen. . I lost my Dad in a road accident a couple of years ago . He was a physics professor and research scientist in Rajamangala University , Lanna, Chiang Mai. After his death , Mamma was devastated but for my sake she picked up the broken pieces of her life , put on a brave smile on her face telling me that she is there for me. She decided to stay on in Chiang Mai till I finished school. But when she was offered the post of professor in chemistry in Siam University , Bangkok , I urged her to take it . I lied to her that I always wanted to stay in Bangkok.

Finally....Here I am all sweaty and fidgety.

Something shiny reflected on my glasses when I entered the classroom and  I searched for the source of glitter. I saw  a boy with a diamond ear stud , sitting on the last bench staring at me. I nervously looked down biting my lower lip, an action I always do when I am nervous . Principal Sir kept talking of my exploits but I was more interested in the boy with the diamond stud . I stole glances at him and every time I did... my eyes met his . To bolt free  from embarrassment , both of us looked else where . 

God! He is cute. The dimple on his left cheek made him look like a baby . His tie hung loose on his neck displaying his neck as well as a small portion of his collar bone . A thick golden chain adorned his neck. Was it allowed in school. WHATEVER..................

I found this boy singularly attractive . Though I did not admit, I was intrigued by him . I would certainly like to know him more

My lack of interest in romantic pursuits had created some serious questions about  my sexual preferences  among my former classmates. How could I tell them that though I had been approached  by both boys and girls , it was impossible for me to imagine myself in a romantic relation with them . They had been my classmates since kinder garden for God's sake . I have seen them in shorts, crying with runny noses, fighting over candies......LOVE WITH THEM WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

 The homeroom teacher told me to take a seat when Principal Sir left. I found an empty seat in the second row. Apart from my bench mate Som , I had not talked to anyone in the first half. As soon as the bell rang for lunch break , the whole classroom mysteriously became empty. Expect..... for the boy with the diamond stud , who was coming towards me .My throat had become dry seeing him. This time I looked at him at him more intently. Even though we were of the same age  , he looked a couple of years older. He had an athletic physique , beautiful features , creamy complexion, high bridged nose ,tantalizing lips, mesmeric eyes and to top it all he had such a dazzling smile. If I had to sum him up in word it would be ..........GORGEOUS. He was the second most handsome man I had seen in my life .... the first being my Leonardo di Caprio . 

As I was so engrossed in admiring his exquisite features that I failed to respond to his greeting. He had an angelic voice which accompanied his pleasant exterior. he kept talking as if casting a spell with his smooth ,silky voice . Is he a singer .... my mind wondered. I felt that he was nervous too . It was lunch time but he was still talking to me instead of eating . I was too embarrassed to take out the lunch box Mamma had packed for me .

 Suddenly his stomach rumbled signaling that it was empty. To break the ice I asked him to eat my lunch saying that I wasn't hungry, which was true . My Mamma had an annoying habit of making me eat a very heavy breakfast . I always had to make new excuses not to eat. The way he hesitated to eat my lunch and finally accepted when I forced , made  me smile at his innocence . I sat and watched him eat . He introduced himself as Mew which made me a little perplexed as I had heard his friends calling him Prince . Looking at my confused state he immediately clarified  " Mew is my real name. Mew Suppasit. My friends call me Prince". When I expressed my desire to call him Mew instead of Prince ,he just smiled and nodded. In my heart I knew he wouldn't mind. 

At my aunt's home that evening , i told  Mamma about him . "Mamma you know ,the most handsome boy in the school befriended me today and he also ate the sandwiches you made " . And I went on to tell her the whole incident. Mamma offered to make two lunch boxes the next day. " In case you stay hungry while feeding the world, my Mother Teresa "she joked . 

At night I dreamt of Him .................................WHY???