THIRTY NINE

GULF'S POV 

Mamma is so excited about our engagement that she doesn't stop smiling . The rooftop of a seven star hotel is booked for the function . All thanks to Dad who is on a spending spree . My grandparents have arrived from Chang Klang  who obviously are not very happy about me being engaged to a boy . My Uncle didn't even bother to show up . I care less if they approve or not since they have never supported Mamma after Dad's demise . It is just a formality they are maintaining . My maternal aunt ( mamma's younger sister) have come from Singapore with her eleven year old son Ricky to attend the function . Mamma have also invited her colleagues and I invited Mild and Cho . Inviting school's gang is Mew's responsibility . Mamma asked Mew to come and meet my relatives on Thursday . Ricky became an instant fan of Mew and became his tail . Wherever Mew went , Ricky followed . My Grandparents have also started warming up to him . My Mew is really something . No one can stay aloof from him for long . Mew hit the ultimate stroke when he took my Grandparents and Ricky for a tour of Bangkok on Friday when Mamma , Me and Lia Aunty went shopping for gifts for Mew and his Dad . 

When we were back from shopping , the front door was locked . Aunty got worried sick . 

"Don't worry , where will they go . They don't know anyone here " Mamma said trying to calm aunty . 

Just as Mamma was about to call Grandma , Mew called her . 

" Maa , I brought Grandpa , Grandma and Ricky for sight seeing . They were bored at home and it is their first visit to Bangkok ....So.....Did I get you worried ? " Mew asked . 

"No baby , it is so nice of you to think of them . Where are you now ? " Mamma asked putting the phone on speaker .

"We are in Wat Arun now , after seeing the sunset we will go to some nearby market . Grandma wants to buy some souvenir for her friends back home . " Mew was speaking when Grandpa snatched the phone from him . 

" Don't worry , we are having a fantastic time with Mew . We will be back after dinner ." Grandpa said and cut the phone .

Mamma facepalmed . Me and Aunty started laughing . Grandpa was so against our relationship and now ....😂

They returned at around nine exhausted . Ricky in Mew's arm asleep and P Phana  carrying multiple bags of different shapes and sizes . Grandma and Grandpa directly went to their room to rest , while Mew put Ricky on my bed . I covered him with a blanket and finally got Mew for myself for a few minutes . 

" I am jealous of Ricky ." Mew said pouting 

" Just a few days more and I will be yours .....every moment . " I said kissing his lips . He pulled me by my waist and hugged me tight . " I can't wait for that day to come ". said Mew and kissed me back .

The next two days , Mew had to let Ricky stay in Suppasit mansion as he kept on insisting that Mew was his best Phi and he hated me as I always kept nagging him about his studies . Ricky also suggested that we should call off the engagement as HIS Phi Mew was super cool and I was a bore . 

Well I know my Mew is Cool .

MEW"S POV

Sunday arrived with all hustle and bustle . We arrived the venue a couple of hours before the guests arrived . I still had to wear my tux which was already delivered to the room booked for us at the hotel . Waiters were arranging the banquet . Some men were still doing the last minute decoration on the podium . My band has arrived . I have a surprise for Gulf . Before long , Gulf and his family arrived and everyone exclaimed at how well the venue had been decorated . 

"Both of you go get dressed ...guests will be here in an hour and ladies if you have some last minute makeup to do ...you can go ahead to 2309 . " Dad said to the ladies of the house . They gladly left and so did we . 

After an hour all of us were back . Maa , Lia aunty and Grandma were looking gorgeous in their Chut Thai ( traditional attire of Thai women ) and Ricky was flaunting his cuteness in his mini suit . Grandpa and Dad too looked handsome in their suits but Gulf ......Gulf looked angelic in his white tux and black bow tie . Actually both our tux were made to order but I felt my Gulfie looked better than me . 

" Stop staring ...You will dig holes into Gulf " Aunt Lia teased me and everyone laughed . Soon guests started arriving and Maa and Dad started to introduce us . After an hour or so , Dad was on the podium with the mike on his hand .

"Ladies and gentlemen , we are gathered together here today evening to celebrate the success of these two brilliant boys who have made us proud beyond words . Let's raise our glasses to their success . Cheers " Dad raised his glass and so did everyone and congratulated us . 

" That is not the only reason we are gathered here . Mrs Kanawat please come to the stage . " Dad said in a dramatic way . Maa proceeded towards the stage . "Actually Mrs Kanawat and me have decided to exchange our sons . Today is also the engagement to Mew and Gulf . So both of you come to the stage . " 

We walked to the stage along with our super glue Ricky and Lia Aunty who was holding our   rings . As soon as we stepped on the stage our friends who had gathered in a corner started shouting "PRINCE ...GULF....PRINCE .....GULF .....PRINCE ....GULF "

We exchanged our rings amidst cheers and hoots . Dad handed me the mike and everyone left .

" Seems like I have been ditched by everyone." I chuckled . Everyone laughed . Gulf had joined our friends . I thought of thanking everyone in my speech today . " Thank you everyone for sharing our happiness today. First of all , thanks Dad . Even though you were in the shadows , you were always behind me . Thank you for fulfilling all my needs even before I knew what my needs were . And thank you Dad for giving me Gulf . I love you Dad. " Dad raised his glass and gave me a flying kiss with his free hand . 

"Maa thank you for loving me so much . Thank you for always taking my side when I fight with Gulf . Thank you for always being there when I need someone to talk . Thank you for always being there to help me take the right path . Love you Maa . "I said looking at Maa .  " I love you too Baby " said Maa loudly . 

"Thank you to all my teachers in school . Thank you for putting up with me all these years . Sorry for all the pranks and fights and broken window panes . And thank you all for going easy on me and not complaining every time I did some mischief  . " I looked towards my teachers who were sitting on one table in the center  and smiled . They started clapping again . 

" People say Good friends never let you do stupid things ---------ALONE  and I am really lucky to find a batch of  friends who have the same mental disorder as me . Thank you guys for being there for me through thick and thin . Love you all ." My friends started cheering .

" And finally Thank you Gulfie . If it wasn't for you I would have been lost somewhere . It is because of you  that Mew is standing here today and not Prince . No matter how many times I say thanks to you , it will never be enough, so today I want to make a promise to  you in front of so many people . Dad has asked me to treat you right .... Dad , Maa ....I promise that I will always take care of  Gulf .  I will never make him cry . I will always put his happiness ahead of mine . Gulfie ...You will always be my one and only . No one will ever take your place in my heart . I love you ." Gulf was sitting with his head bowed down , I could see he was crying . I got down from the podium and walked towards Gulf . When I reached him , I bended on my knees and faced Gulf's face taking it with both my palms . I wiped his tears and kissed his forehead . Then I whispered in his ears          " The photographs will come out ugly . Stop crying now " I pulled him up and hugged him tightly amidst cheers and hoots .

*****************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYONE , HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL . MEW AND GULF HAVE COMPLETED ONE PHASE OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND NOW WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER  STUDYING MEDICINE IN THE UNIVERSITY . LETS SEE HOW THEIR JOURNEY UNFOLDS . 

DISHA