THIRTY FOUR

MEW'S POV 

I went inside to Gulf and cupped his face in my palms and pressed my lips on his forehead . He was still in the same position in which I had left him . Contrary to popular belief , Gulf could be very stubborn and childish sometimes and even the situation goes out of my hand . It tries every ounce of my patience .Doctors had strictly instructed Gulf to rest but it seemed Gulf had his own notion of rest. He wanted to hear bedtime stories . Maa had gone for more than half an hour ...so Gulf started bugging me .  As always I surrendered . I made Gulf's bed in the sleeping position , patted the pillow and instructed Gulf to put his head on the pillow . He did as I said , too excited to sleep . I went and sat near his pillow and started to caress his head hoping against hope that Gulf will fall asleep forgetting his absurd request . 

But Gulf is Gulf after all . Not even a minute had passed after I sat down , he transferred his head to my lap and said ," Now start"

'What?' I mean seriously ...Gulf wanted to hear a story . 

"Gulfie I don't know any story . And you are eighteen not four , why do you want to hear a story?" I tried to reason . 

" You call me Baby and treat me like an adult . That is absolutely not done . Decide on one , either call me Baby or I 'll act like a big man starting tomorrow ." Said Gulf with a pout . 

What could I do ? He is seriously very cute and I really did not want him to grow up . So I decided to keep calling him Baby and kneel before his demand .

'Gulfie '

'Hmmm'

"I don't know any story but would you like to hear an incident that took place when I was     seven ?" I asked 

'Yes' Gulf replied . His big round eyes filled with excitement .

" When I was seven , Mamma had already died and I was left all alone . So Dad would leave me with Grandma whenever there were holidays in school . Grandma used to live in a big bungalow in the outskirts of the city . The house had a big backyard with many trees to climb . I also had  a swing on one of the trees and a tree house with ladder . I loved it there . So many rooms to run around and so many trees to climb . Grandma and the house helps always played with me and never told me to study . They were some of the best days I remember from my childhood . 

One day , Grandma , Me and two maids were playing hide and seek and I went and hid in an empty room without realizing that it was a store room . The room was bright with sunlight coming through the window panes and I hid behind some boxes . I was careful not to make any sound as I was hiding . After some time it  started getting dark and I started getting hungry ,so I went to the door but I couldn't open it as it got jammed . A pair of red eyes stared at me from a corner . I thought it was a ghost and out of fright peed in my pants . I started shouting at the top of my lungs . Hearing my shouts someone broke open the door and I ran into Grandma 's embrace . A small kitten who was the owner of those red eyes  also came out of the room . The fear stayed in my heart and I am still afraid of cats even today . Done ...Now sleep ." I said 

"How long did you stay in that room ?" Gulf enquired 

"Around half an hour " I answered 

" Why did nobody look for you when you went missing for so long ?" Again Gulf asked 

"Coz , we were playing hide and seek .......I guess " I said amused by his curiosity . 

" I would have gone to the police if you had gone missing for five minutes " Gulf declared and I smiled .

"Baby , now sleep you have already heard your bedtime story .......now no more pranks . " I said to Gulf .

"Ok ..now sing for me I will sleep " Saying that he took my hand and put it back on his head . He wanted me to keep touching his hair . This demand was easier to fulfil .

I started to sing 

♪♪ Come baby I will take you to the moon 

We will go there in a silver chariot 

The golden horses will pull us through 

Come baby  I will take you to the moon 

The angels will fan you with their wings and sing soft lullabies 

Butterflies will caress your hair , I bet you will like it there 

Come Baby .....My darling ,I will take you to the moon 

Hills of candies and factories of chocolates are waiting for you 

Come Gulfie ..I will take you to the moon .♪♪

I stopped when I heard Gulf's soft snore . So cute . I put his head back on the pillow , pulled his blanket  up to his neck and kissed his temple . 

**************************************************************************************

 HELLO EVERYONE . HOW WAS THIS CHAPTER? HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING IT . THANK YOU FOR READING , VOTING AND COMMENTING . 

DISHA