THIRTY FIVE

MRS. KANAWAT'S POV 

Not wanting to be sandwiched between both my sons , I decided to go to the cafeteria to grab a cup of coffee . I also needed to go to the accounts department to check on the bill . Seeing how worried Mew was the whole day I did not want to add more to his already full plate and moved Gulf to whichever room he chose . 

It was a VVIP floor and had a special elevator . Leaving both my boys to settle their own business I took the elevator to the ground floor and walked towards the cafeteria .  Taking the opportunity , I called the dean of my Uni and told him about Gulf so that he can arrange my leave . I bought coffee and sandwich and sat on one of the tables . Looking around I saw framed pictures of SJ Group of Multi speciality hospitals across Asia . Only then did the realization  hit me that Mew was a billionaire and all this belonged to him . 

Funny though , Mew had this boy next door persona . He did not have an ounce of arrogance or showed off his money . A smile crept on my face when I thought how both my boys had danced in the living room when I gave them 500 bahts  each during the Loy Krathong Festivals . My Gulf is very kind and good at heart but Mew , he is much more mature than his age . Someone I can entrust my childish Gulf to .  Gulf  being our only child , his Dad and Me had pampered him so much that he thinks he can get away with anything . But Mew is different , he thinks and acts like an adult . This only proves that maturity has got nothing to do with age . 

I leisurely finished my coffee knowing well that Mew will find a way to make Gulfie eat . I really needed this time to think . The whole day was hectic . I was both physically and emotionally exhausted . When Gulf's Dad died , he was scattered . His Dad was his role model , his best   friend . All the hard work my Gulf does , I know he does to make his Dad's dream come true . 

Gulf's intelligence  is in his genes . His Dad was a Professor of Physics and a Research Scientist  but he wanted Gulf to be a surgeon . 

The first two years after Peter died , he was a emotional mess. He tried to be brave in front of me but cried himself to sleep every night  . Since Gulf was already  in the tenth standard I had to stay put . Secretly I had started looking for jobs in other cities .  A change of scene would be good for Gulf and me. 

When the Board exams approached , his whole demeanor changed . He gave his 100% studying till wee hours at night . To everyone's surprise he topped the nation's Class 10 Board exams . He made headlines in the leading newspapers of the country . Everyone congratulated him . His school held an honor meeting for him . But I felt his smile was not genuine . At night I heard him hugging his Dad's photo and crying . I felt it was time to have a heart to heart talk with him . 

Gulf: Mamma , do you think Dad is proud of me ?

Mamma: Of course Baby . Why would he not be ? We both are very proud of you , we have such a gem of a child . 

Gulf : I miss him so much . 

Mamma : Me too Baby . Listen Gulfie , Peter is with us always ,no matter where we are . He only dared to leave us behind because he knew we are strong . 

Gulf: Hmmm

Mamma : Gulfie , how about we go to Bangkok on Monday . I have an interview there . If  I get the job would you like to live in Bangkok and do your further studies there ?

Gulf : Yes Mamma , that would be very nice . 

I was offered the post of assistant professor . Perks are good . After winding up everything in Chiang Mai , I bought a house near my University . Though Gulf was accepted in all the schools he had applied , he chose the one nearest to home . " I don't want to waste much time in commuting ." he had said .

Gulf was already on full scholarship from the Ministry of Education , so I did not have to worry about his school expenses . . Though lonely , life is livable . When Mew came , Gulf slowly started coming out of his shell .  

Coming out of my thoughts , I took the elevator to the 12 th floor , Billing department . Another surprise awaited me . Dr . Suppasit  had instructed not to make any bill for Gulf's medical expenses . I was gobsmacked . Threading through a day of shocks and surprises , I slowly headed towards Gulf's cabin . 

The sight that waited for me inside the hospital room was divine . A soft melodious voice  sang a lullaby . Mew was so engrossed in singing that he did not even  realize my opening the door . He kept stroking my Gulfie's hair lovingly and caressed his back a few times . My Gulf was sleeping peacefully on Mew 's lap , open mouthed and a trail of drool running from his mouth . I couldn't help myself.....I took out my phone and recorded everything . 

*******************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYONE , I FELT THAT WRITING MRS . KANAWAT POV WAS IMPORTANT HERE . HOPE YOU LIKED IT . THANK YOU FOR YOUR READS , VOTES AND COMMENTS . 

DISHA