THREE( Mew 's Pov)

Next day ,I arrived at school a little early . Tul and a few of my classmates were drawing cartoons of Gulf on the board . My anger flared up and I immediately wiped it off. "What's wrong Bro? Instead of joining us , you are stopping us . Isn't it the routine for every newcomer?" Tul asked a little angry and annoyed by my action .

" Not for him", I replied . " I have something special planned for him ". Tul seemed satisfied by my answer and didn't argue back. He must have thought I have something terrific planned for Gulf . How could I explain to Tul , I really didn't want anyone to hurt Gulf. 

Just as this debate was over , Gulf entered the classroom . The smile he gave me could even rival the sun . That's when I realized  two things - One .....I have really fallen for Gulf and Two...... I'll always protect him and never let that smile fade. I silently thanked God that he didn't  witness my debacle with Tul. 

I kept staring at Gulf for a minute too long . He looked very handsome in his crisp new uniform . His hair was styled but the stray  hair still hung in front of his eyes .How I wished to tuck that hair under his ear.  He was wearing contact lenses instead of glasses . I was so lost in admiring him that I forgot to greet him. He raised a brow to ask what's wrong . I shook my head and smiled at him . He gave me a coy smile and I .......and I melted.

Why did I feel the urge to protect him from all the dangers waiting for him in this new school , of  which he was obviously oblivious to. I have never experienced that feeling before . 

During lunch once again everyone magically vanished from the class . I went near Gulf and placed a bar of chocolate in front of him. 

" Why this honor ?" Gulf asked curiously.

" Thank you for yesterday's lunch ". I said 

He took the chocolate and put it in his pocket . 

" What about today?" He asked and I guiltily  remained silent for I had not brought lunch again .

"What did you eat for breakfast ?" He asked again . I again chose to remain silent listening to his sweet scolding . 

" I knew it", he said and continued his rantings. " You have grown nearly six feet tall but you have no regard for your health , what do you think you are super human ? , even a car needs petrol to run ". Lecturing me for good five minutes he took out a lunch box from his bag and handed it to me . 

" No..no..no... I can't eat your lunch today , you would go hungry" .I said shocked by the fact that he would offer his lunch to me once again.

"Shut up and sit down , I won't go hungry , Mamma has packed two boxes today . This is for you." Saying so he pulled out one box for himself.

"You told your Mamma about me ?", I asked shocked . His simple reply made my day. "Why won't I ? You are my first friend in this new school after all". I carried that stupid grin for the rest of the day . 

It became a quotidian . He brought me lunches  and I would treat him with chocolates , snacks and cokes. We started to know each other with each passing day.  Gulf's father had succumbed to injuries during a car accident when he was in the in the 9th standard . He had actually gone into depression during that time . It is  really a miracle that he not only pulled himself out of it but also topped the class 10 board exam . When I praised him for that ,he remained silent . I let it pass thinking it was too raw a wound to delve in.

I noticed Gulf too eagerly waited for the lunch break everyday as much as I did. When He did not turn up in school for a couple of days I was in perpetual darkness , irritated with everyone who dared to strike a conversation with me. Though I had his number , I didn't want to invade his privacy. I constantly worried what might have happened to him . Was he sick ? Did he meet with an accident ? Is he angry on me for any reason I am not aware of? Is  he leaving this school ? Is he leaving this country ? GOD  I"LL TURN CRAZY.

The gloom lifted when  on the third day I saw him sitting on his seat flashing his megawatt smile at me. Don't you think I sound like a love sick despo??