1 - New Job

Guess who is backkkkk

Sabine 

Cold wind blew down the street I was walking, my hair dancing across my face while my hands dug deep into the jacket pocket. I don't like being cold any day of the week, but seeing as I was sunbathing on a Mexican beach drinking a nice Mojito yesterday; this cold is the worst thing to have ever happened.

Seeing a sign over the head of a door of a Highlander cow, I smiled knowing that I was about to leave this fucking coldness.

Walking up to the building, I bang on the locked door that didn't have an outside handle, instead there was a slit for an eye hole. I only had to wait a moment till the steel door's peep hole slid open to show a man's brown eye.

"Amsterdam." I answered, the unasked question, ready to be out of the cold Chicago weather.

God, I hate this city, to dam cold. The only reason I came was due to being recruited for some job. Usually, I am not being brought in person, most of the time I am sent postcards. However, since I am in the guild, the buyer for this upcoming job wanted to meet with everyone and give the information in person.

Dam guild. Being a part of the assassins' guild is good because you always have jobs coming your way, but sometimes anonymity with others was good. Though the guild doesn't really know who I am; just that if you need someone dead, I am the one to call.

I know I shouldn't have come; it was a bad idea. But I was bored and thought what the hell.

The man behind the door took a moment to look at me and then the eye slot slammed shut. A moment later the large door opened, and I stepped into the building passing the bouncer and was greeted by warmth.

The entrance hall was small, with a hostess booth and a staircase behind her that goes to a form of speakeasy for tourists.

But that's not why I am here.

Taking off my leather gloves, I walked up to the counter where the hostess gave me a greeting. Then she walked to a bookshelf and opened the door for the speakeasy I am here for. I gave her a smile and stepped into the deep, dark corridor, heading to the end.

Nothing like the underground world being hidden right in plain sight.

It wasn't often I came to places like this, I often didn't need to and a nice rooftop bar on the water was my place to be. What can I say, when you are deprived of everything for years, you tend to desire the finer things in life when given the chance. But when you get into a new town due to a recruitment call and you don't need to keep your attendance a secret; it's nice to see if there are any old 'friends' around.

Finally coming to the end of the corridor, I stepped through the door and came to the underground speakeasy. It was dark down here with chandeliers in the celling and deep red velvet curtains that came around different booths. The bar was on the far side in black marble and high red bar stools.