8 Coincidence

Sorry its taking me so long to post chapters, your girl is trying 

Vinzo 

When I got back to the estate from talking with Sabine, everyone was in the conference room discussing what happened at the church and what security measures we should make.

Well I think that was the conversation; I couldn't pay attention.

It's my job to handle security and I didn't pay attention...

Everything I have tried to put behind me came back in a flood the moment I got back to the estate. I felt like I was seventeen again, helpless to fight in a war to protect my family and helpless to save them while they died screaming.

I spent the rest of the day and night on my bathroom floor, it was the only place cold enough where I could fight against the flaming memories. Trying to remind myself that I wasn't in the burning house even though it didn't stop my scars burning like they did that night.

It's taken me all day to get the screams out of my head, to remember where I am and what job I need to do. Anytime I think I close the box in my mind of that night, something pops it open.

Is there a way to move on from something like that night?

Fixing my tie, I knew I couldn't keep dwelling. I need to focus on the present and fight for my family who are alive.

With my suit perfect, I leave my room and head to go speak with my family. Walking up to the Don's office, I knock on the door.

"Enter."

Stepping into the room I bowed my head to the Sorrentino brothers. "A body was found at the Club 'The Red Circle."

Romano rolled his head to me. "Why should we care?"

"Because it is not random." I said, walking up to the desk between the brothers I pull out a photo of the scene that was sent to me, dropping it on the wood. "Our guys already got the ID, Sergio Foltra, killer for hire."

Romano picked up the photo. "Another assassin? Any idea who the target was?"

A knock sounded on the door and Lorenzo called 'enter' allowing Sebastian in. "Desimond locked me in a closet and said she was going to Red Circle which I heard was hit, we know if she was found?"

"Desimond?" I confirmed.

"Well that's not a coincidence." Lorenzo said.

Maximus stood from his chair. "How did she get in? She's eighteen."

Sebastian shrugged. "She's got a fake. And yes, she and her friends went there. Please, don't tell Stella, she's going to kick my ass for losing her again."

"I'm going to be kicking your ass!" Maximus yelled. "You have one job and you keep failing at it!"

"Can I put a tracker in her arm?" Sebastian asked.