11 - Duckling

Second chapter this week! Don't forget to hit like & comment!

Sabine

The meeting with the Sorrentino's went better than expected, even the interrogation with the Don went well. Instead of going back to the clock tower, I'm sunning myself on the estate's patio while I wait for contacts to get back to me for a job.

But fucking hell I need to get a handle on myself. Every time I think I know how to behave in front of Vinzo, it's as if someone rolls the dice and decides I shall act differently.

If he wants to think I am a seductress murderous thing, fine. What does it matter to me?

I hate him.

I am not interested in him.

Though....rage sex doesn't mean I forgive him.

Closing my eyes, I let the sunlight warm my cheeks. But it didn't last long.

"Yes Desimond?" I asked looking to the pissed off teenager in workout clothes.

"They won't teach me to kill, only to defend and run." She puckered her lips. "Can you teach me?"

I barked a laugh. "They are trying to protect your soul. And no, I'm trying to be on their good side and teaching the little kitten how to kill will piss off quite a few people."

She tilted her head in sass. "Do you actually care?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well seeing how the lead woman of the family believes that I am a psychopath, yes, it's in my good interest."

The girl's eyes squinted. "Or you're just trying to get on Vinzo's good side."

I snorted. "That bastard can rot in hell."

She groaned and dropped down beside me. "Well, when did you learn how to truly fight?"

I shrugged. "My father was a captain in the old family, he taught me since I was a kid. Though I didn't start killing till my late teens."

She dropped her face to look innocent. "So, I am supposed to wait for everyone to be dead and then I can learn?"

I groaned. "Cazzo. Alright."

Rolling off the chair I let Desimond lead me to the estate's gym, my 'guard' following us.

Stepping into the gym I look around at the equipment; there were sparring mats, boxing bags, cardio equipment, weights and even a rock-climbing wall. Huh, maybe this family isn't bad.

When I began to walk into the room I noticed Desimond's attention was over at a sparring mat with two men; her attention specifically on one bare-chested Italian.

I nudged her towards the rock wall. "Stop drooling over Sebastian."

Desimond looked to me with a glare, now following closely. "I am not drooling over anyone let alone that ass."