5 - Gucci

Please vote and leave lovely comments! It helps me push to publish :)

Sabine

Walking into the church I dip my fingers in the holy water and did the sign of the cross.

It didn't matter that if there is a heaven or a hell, I would be going to the latter. But there are ways you just don't drop.

I planned on doing surveillance or tracking down assassins to take them out but instead I am in a cold church. Word reached me that the Sorrentinos were going to be here today to christen their children, so here I am.

The christening would be happening in eight hours, but I was here early to set up. I would guess that by now Siren came to them to let them know about the assassination hit that is out. Plus, I am sure they figured out there was an attempted kill on Stella.

So, the Sorrentinos absolutely know about the Bravata's plan. I am unsure what it is that they know, but at least know they are coming to kill them.

Either way, I couldn't believe the superiority of them keeping the christening going; something so public that is the perfect opportunity to take out a hit. At the same time if they cancelled, I would be calling them a coward for backing down.

Damned if you do, weak if you don't.

Walking silently in the shadows of the church I take in my surroundings. Focusing on the windows, angles inside, any point of entrance or exit. Sorrentinos will be able to cover security inside and out, there are only a few angles for snipers if that is an option. All in all, it was a pretty secure location but no locations perfect; my job is to handle any gaps they have.

Hearing footsteps down the stone corridor I dip behind a column, letting the Sorrentino guard walk by. I smirk watching Sebastian continue down the hall.

His face looked harder but there was still a softness to him; one that I remember him having as a young boy.

Sebastian stopped in the middle of the corridor and slowly turned; his eyes focused while he looked around. His hand on his gun which he slowly pulled out from his holster.

I smirk watching him. All grown up indeed, he can feel my presence but what will he do now?

"Ordering food, you want anything?" A Sorrentino man asked coming up from behind, his hand taking out his gun when he saw Sebastian's stance. "What is it?"

Sebastian scanned the corridor, trying to find me but after a moment he shook his head and put his gun away. "Fucking hate churches, they are filled with ghosts."

The Sorrentino man shook his head and put his gun away. "Don't swear in a church even if there are ghosts." My smirk turned into a smile. "Why do you hate churches anyway? I even saw Vinzo fidget in here."

Sebastian scratched his head. "You ask Vinzo that question?"

The man snorted. "No, I like my body parts where they are thank you very much."