Chapter six

Your POV

'You like him'

My eyes widen and I move my head over to look at where my mom is, making Seth a little concerned.
"Sorry about that Seth my mom said something far fetched and not true." I say, putting emphasis on the far fetched and not true part,mostly trying to shut my moms idea of me liking Seth down.
"It's all good, but, since it's not true anyway, can I know what she said?" He asked me.
"I would prefer to not share to anyone what she said because of the small chance she might be right. Sorry Seth" I tell him looking into his eyes.
'Don't deny your feeling for him Child'
I glare at her a little bit.
'Don't forget I can tell him for you'
Shit I forgot we have equipment for that.
"Seth May I have a moment alone please? I'll meet you and the others in a second okay?" I ask Seth causing him to nod as he gets up and leaves telling me where they will be.
"Mom. you can't say anything about what you told me. Please?" I beg the spirit.
'You will Tell him eventually?'
"Yes mom I will tell him eventually. Just, please, don't say anything about it." I say before seeing her nod so I head off to the others, knowing she's following me.
The moment I walk in the room I see a younger looking spirit sitting next to Colby trying to talk to him.
"Hey Colbs have you felt weird sitting on the bench at all?" I ask.
He looks at me weird before realizing what I was probably talking about.
"There's someone next to me. isn't there." He says.
I laugh and nod before the spirit looks at me and mom and speaks.
'You see me?'
I nod before wondering if the spirit is okay.
"Hey can we do something to talk to the spirit next to Colby? They look like they need something but I don't know if they would tell me." I ask the two professionals causing them to nod and bring out the evp.
"Will you explain to them how this works quick please?"the younger professional asks me causing me to nod.
"Ok so basically the thing he's holding is going to record, we will be asking you questions, and the recorder will pick up our questions and your answers. Or if you want to say something or ask anyone a question you can do that as well. Okay?" I sum up the device causing the spirit to nod in agreement.
I gave them the thumbs up to start the recording, then I motioned to it for the spirit.
'————'
They stopped the recording when I nodded that they sat down again.
"Okay let's play it back." I tell them.
'Do you know where I am? I'm lost. Please help me.'
Woah this person doesn't seem to have a clue where they are.
"Start it again because for some reason I can barely hear what they say when it's not recording and I have some questions." I ask.
They start it and we ask our questions.
"Do you know your name."
'No'
"Why was it Colby that you were trying to talk to."
'He looks the most friendly'
"How old are you."
'I think I'm 5'
"Is there any other spirits in the room."
'Yes. My momma is behind the one can see me.'
I look at my mom and she just nods.
That was the last question so I go to the little boy.
"Hi kiddo, I'm y/n. I'm here to help you okay? How about I have your momma take you to sit down for a little bit." I say and look at both spirits as they start to leave the room.
'Don't forget about Seth'
I roll my eyes at my moms comment.
"Y/n the cameras off and we have all the footage we need. So can we talk? You, me, and Colby?" Seth asks.
Me and Colby nod and walk to the room we would all be sleeping in later.
" so was the spirit your brother, or?" Colby starts the conversation.
"I guess so, after he said his mom was behind me and it was still my mom and she nodded. So uh yea I guess I have a biological brother." I tell the two boys.