Chapter twenty-nine

Wilbur's pov
Once y/n and I leave her apartment I noticed her looking at an apartment.
"You alright y/n?" I ask, confused and concerned.
"Hm? Oh. Yea I'm fine. Seth just hasn't texted me or called me since he dropped by yesterday." She explains with worry in her eyes.
"Do you want to stop by his place?" I suggest, not wanting her to be worried and sad all day on her birthday.
"No it'll be fine." She replies before heading to the elevator.
I catch back up to her once she gets to the elevator.
"you don't even know where we're going, remember?" I remind her.
" oh I remember. I just felt like leading, at least a little bit." She replies with sass in her tone.

Seth's pov
I feel horrible. I haven't texted y/n since last night and todays her birthday... I'm just, I don't know.
I should call her.
Calling: my love <3
Y-hello?
S-hey y/n. Sorry for not texting, but, happy birthday!
Y- oh uh thank you..
S- you alright?
Y- yea I'm fine. Hey, look, I've got to go. But I'll call you later?
S- oh. For sure. Ok.
Y- ok, goodbye.
S- bye...
Call ended
She seemed like she didn't want to talk to me...it also sounded like she was in town though, maybe she's just busy.
She's probably with Wilbur...
Why is wil even in town.....

Y/n's pov
"Who was it?" Wil spoke softly while leading me into a boba shop.
"It was Seth, he finally remembered my birthday was today." I start before realizing where I am, "BOBA! Yayyy." I say with full excitement, immediately forgetting that Seth was being weird.
"Yea. I remembered that you said you like boba so I asked Colby for some recommendations on where to take you for birthday boba." He replies nonchalant, as if he didn't just take me to my favorite place in this entire town.

——————TIME SKIP——————
Wilbur's pov:
We just got back to y/n's apartment and she let us in. I check the time and it's 6:05, good we are right on time.
Y/n looked like she was having a good time when we were out. I'm worried about her though, her conversation with Seth seemed important. I mean he did forget her birthday.