Day 22

Fighting in style

Fighting in style

Marinette had seen Damian practising with his katana she knew it wa something from his past with his mother she knew he was ex assassin and that he didn't like to talk about it much and he avoided but the only things he kept from it was learning swords and some of the training that don't involve killing.

So here Marinette was in the training room trying to learn how to use a fan blade that was given to her by her mother for her birthday she had said it was passed on every generation and that her mother didn't get to teach her how to use it before she passed.

Fan blade

So Sabine couldn't teach Marinette how to use it but she had insisted to her mother she would learn it

So Sabine couldn't teach Marinette how to use it but she had insisted to her mother she would learn it. She also wanted to learn so she could impress Damian. Sure she and Damian would spar but she wanted to learn to fight using a blade and after all it couldn't be that hard right.

A few hours later

Marinette had spent at least 3 hours watching every sword fighting video on the internet and trying to follow the course but almost all of them didn't even finish there so called after the first or second lesson, and they were all different and none of them applied to a fan so she didn;t understand how to do it.

She was thinking of giving up when she heard a voice behind her, "Angel what are you doing?" Damian asked her.

She looked up at him unsure what to say so she told him the truth. "Mamam gave me this fan blade apparently it was passed down every generation and they were taught how to use it but my grandmother passed away before she taught my mamam and she dosent know how to use it and I thought I could figure it out and impress you because you love using your katana and I wanted to impress you by learning to use one" Marinette said looking down.

Damian gently took her face and lifted it so she would meet his eyes and she looked so sad and heartbroken "Habiti you impress me everyday with your designs, and with the clothes you make and the food you make is always so delicious, I'm already impressed. Now if you let me, how about I teach you how to use the fan?" he asked her gently.

She gave a small nod and hugged him, Damian of course hugged her back, Marinette being one of the few people she would willingly hug or show emotion around.

Within an hour of Damian teaching how to use a blade she had learned the basics and that because of the fan's shape it could be used as a boomerang if she wanted to.

Another hour passed and Damian and Marinette had started sparring, Bruce had walked in earlier seeing the two spar and watched Marinette didn't show even a bit of clumsiness.

She looked graceful and the way they fought was different seeing as the two used different types of fans and they would leave the fans to do hand to hand combat every once in a while.

They were going to have one more spar before they got ready for patrol and everyone else had entered the cave and were watching them.

Damian looked to be winning and Marinette decided to take the risk and throw her fan towards the cave when she did, Damian used it as a chance to pin her down but she headbutted him hard and escaped right as he went for an attack he got hit on the back of the head with the fan.

Marinette used it as her chance and caught the fan pinning him down and held the fan to his neck. "I win" she said with a grin on her face from the victory she was excited she had beat Damian even if he was still going easy on her.

The audience around them clapped; they all knew Damian was going easy on her but the fact that she learnt to figh =t with a fan in a couple hours was impressive.

On patrol

Ladybird and Robin had finished patrol early. It was a quiet night and they had taken a seat on the rooftop. Ladybird laid her head on her boyfriend's shoulder "thank you" she said looking up at the stars. "For what?" he asked looking down at her, he was confused at what was happening.

"For teaching me how to use a fan, you're a great teacher" she said and he gave her a small smile, that was how they spent the rest of the night till it was time to head back to the cave.

Hey guys,

Sorry it's short but how was it? Anyway I have a question for you today, so let's get to that..

Question: Do you have a new years resolution to complete?

Enjoy reading :D