Day 24

Baby Ladybird 🐞

Baby Ladybird 🐞

It was another night on patrol when the bat boys and Ladybird were called in by Batman and told to check out a warehouse that showed traces of Scarecrow being there.

"Ok, Red and I will take east side hood and Robin will take west adn Ladybird will take the vents, keep your coms on at all times and report if you find anything, '' Nightwing said and with that they all split up into teams and searched the building.

Marinette's perspective

Nigtwing had just given us orders and I was going to be using the vents. I grabbed my grappling gun and shot it at the roof, I let the rope pull me up and landed silently on the top of the building making sure not to make a sound.

I open the vent shaft and quickly slip in looking around the place covered in a layer of dust. Great, my suit has to be cleaned after this. I walk past the first vents when I finally get to a room that looks old, really old, the furniture is covered in dust sheets and layers of dust on top of that.

There are spider webs hanging off the sheets and nothing looks like anyone was here recently, I keep crawling through the vents till I finally get to the next vent and all I see is an empty room nothing was in it the room was empty all you could see was four walls with a couple cobwebs hanging off the sides and a door in the corner.

Third person

The next few rooms were the same till Marinette finally came across a room that looked more or less clean. There was paper everywhere and a couple of take out containers laying on top of the desk all surrounded with one big sheet of paper in the middle. The food in the containers looked fresh and she could smell it.

Someone was here or had been within the last couple hours, Marinette reached for her com and pressed on the button making sure not to cause a sound adn to be as quiet as possible. "I found something but I'm not sure what it is, I'm going to take a closer look" she said waiting for a response.

"Be careful Ladybird, we don't know if anyone is here. We're coming to your location" Nightwing said and with that she quickly unscrewed the vent door and moved it across from her before slightly she then slipped down into the vent.

She looked around and she looked around the room where there was a chair situated around the table and takeaway containers lying on top of the table. Some still had food in them that looked warm.

She reached down for the large sheet of paper... It was a plan one that had already been used when Scarecrow robbed a bank a week ago. But why were they looking at it again? She reached up from her com to tell the others what she found when suddenly she heard a noise behind her.

She turned slowly, getting into a fighting position and saw Scarecrow, "well done you found me, congratulations' ' he said, clapping slowly with a grin on his face. Marinette looked around but saw no one; it was just them. She watched him carefully. Scarecrow was someone to be afraid of.