Ch.1: Arrival At Inkopolis

(Y/N) was sitting on a train to Inkopolis. He had a worn-down blue shirt on and some worn-down jeans. He also had a cap on to hide his hair. Even though people couldn't see his hair, he got plenty of glances from others because of the worn-down and damaged clothes. He didn't mind it he was just excited to start a new life in Inkopolis but he was also equally scared of it. The train then hit its final destination that was Inkopolis.

(Y/N) POV

As the doors of the train open, I step out to find myself in a large city brimming with people.
As I walked to the square I smelled something nice so I walked to the source of the smell. As I expected the source had something to do with food. It looked like some kind of food truck and when I got closer the owner of the truck spoke to me.

???: What's up squiddo?

Not expecting that he meant me it took me a second to answer.

(Y/N): Ah... Hello...

???: I'm Crusty Sean I see that you are new here, this is my food truck Crust Bucket, at the right of me is the menu tell me when you're ready to order.

I looked at the menu and it all did look great, but the problem was money, I couldn't effort anything. How do I explain that to him? He's expecting me to buy something.

(Y/N): Ehm... I would like to order but-

He took a quick look at me and interrupted me.

Crusty Sean: I understand you look like you're
having a difficult time here.

I slowly nodded at him and my stomach began to grumble I hadn't had any food for days. Then he said something that surprised me for a second.

Crusty Sean: Don't worry the first one is free.

Now I was visibly confused.

(Y/N): Huh...

Crusty Sean: I don't want to be rude but when I look at the state of your clothes then I assume that you have no money at the moment.

Well, what he said was true anyone could have guessed that. I tried to argue with him but in the end, he made me a Seanwich.

(Y/N): Thank you very much, but I have a question do you know a way to earn money quickly.

Crusty Sean: Mhhh... It would probably be quick to earn money from turf wars.

Y/N): Turf wars?

He then began to explain to me how turf wars are played out and to be honest from the sound of it, it would be a quick way to earn some money.

Crusty Sean: I would recommend that you go to Ammo Knights there is a friend of mine named Sheldon he knows everything about weapons and turf wars, maybe you could buy a weapon from him.

(Y/N): But did you forget that I don't have money to -
Crusty Sean: You don't have to worry about that squiddo.

(Y/N): If you say so then I would go there when I finish eating.

After eating I told him that I would pay him back in the future. I then started to go in the direction he pointed me to, and after some time I found the shop named Ammo Knights.
I started going in at first I was amazed at all the
different types of weapons.

???: Ah, Hello there I haven't seen you here before I guess you're new. Welcome to Ammo Knights, how can I help you today.

The person that I assumed was Sheldon rose from behind the counter.

(Y/N): Hello there, I would like to choose a weapon for turf war, but I never did one, and I don't know which weapon type is suited for me.

Sheldon: I see, Mhhh... You look like someone with precision I think a Charger would suit you.

With that said he walked away into the back door. Not long after he came back with a weapon in hand

Sheldon: Here is the standard Spalt Charger.

He then handed me the weapon but as I was holding it in my hands something clicked in me and I was starting to remember something from a time I would like to erase.

-Flashback-

???: Test subject 054 use the weapon in front of you to destroy the targets, and remember failure will result in severe punishment.

I took the weapon that was a Charger and started shooting the targets but on the second to last I missed a shoot which resulted in a sigh from the scientist.

Scientist: How disappointing...

Soon after that my collar began to glow, and soon after I was shocked for a few seconds until it stopped.

Scientist: Next try, don't disappoint.

-Flashback End-

I just stood there still, until I dropped the Charger.

Sheldon: Are you ok?

I quickly realized what happened and kneeled to pick up the weapon.

(Y/N): Yeah... I'm fine. I don't think Charger suits me I think I will go with a classic Splattershot.

Sheldon: Alright then.

I gave him the Charger he walked back and placed it on the counter then he walked to the back door and again soon after he came back with a weapon.

Sheldon: Here is the weapon you wanted the price is 900 coins.

(Y/N): Ah... about that, I don't have money right now...

I said with a nervous chuckle.

Sheldon: I see, no problem

He quickly walked to the counter and took out a piece of paper and then began to explain.

Sheldon: You can lend a weapon for some time. In your case, you just have to sign this paper. Then I will give you the weapon, but be careful not to damage it or you have to pay for it. I originally designed this system for people to test weapons with real battle experience, but you just have to earn enough money then come back and buy the weapon.

Now impressed by the convenience of this system I sign the paper and said goodbye to Sheldon. Now back at the square. I quickly found the place for turf wars. After some losses, I started to get a winning streak now that I have familiarized myself with the locations and the rules of turf wars.

When I had enough money for the weapon I lend. I walked back to the square. I was about to enter Ammo Knight when something weird caught my eye it was a girl standing on some kind of gate. I couldn't make out her face because she was holding an umbrella near her face. I stared at her for a good minute until she noticed me. She waved her hand in motion to signify to follow her. When I started to get closer she turned into a squid and fell right through that gate on the ground. I quickly walked to the gate and for some reason, I felt a warm breeze from the gate. Now standing at the gate a simple question came to my mind.

(Should I follow her.)

-End-

Words: 1181

(A/N) Hope you liked the first chapter of my first book if you see any mistakes comment on them and I will correct them.