Ch.5: New Hints To Find The Truth

(Y/N) POV

I soon heard the steps stop.

Marina: Why is the door open by the recording room?

Pearl: Huh, must have left it open wait I will go down and close-

Marina: Can you bring me my laptop, while you are at it I forgot to take it with me.

Pearl: Sure no problem.

Now I question every decision I made up to this point.

I looked around me to find a spot to hide and the best I came up with was to hide behind the massive sound boxes that were in the corner I quickly put the laptop back where I thought it was before and hid behind the sound boxes.

I hear small steps coming closer to the door with them stopping in front. The next thing I saw was the light turning on and the sound of the door fully opening. I don't know why but my body was tense and I was holding my breath.

Pearl: mhhh...Huh!

For some reason, Pearl stopped in her tracks but quickly continued.

Pearl: There it is.

I looked around the corner of the massive box to find Pearl in a pajama quickly taking the laptop and leaving the room as fast as she came in. 

Marina: Thanks!

Soon I heard steps going up the stairs again and I finally could let go of the tension and breath again. I'm still trying to find out why I did it in the first place.

After waiting a good five minutes I left my hiding spot and started my search again but that was cut short as I quietly opened the door and soon found a Splattershot near my face.

(Y/N): Eh!

Pearl: What do you want, why are you in my house?

There she was standing in front of me holding her weapon up to my face with a tense look on her face. I guess today wasn't my day, was it?

Pearl: Don't think I didn't see you in the corner!

(I suck at hiding huh.)

(Y/N): H-hey, let's calm down shal-

Now the weapon was closing in on my face. Still with a tense gaze looking at me. This isn't working out I need her to let her guard down just for a second.

(Y/N): Because I want to find the Truth!

She had a look of confusion on her face and before she could say anything, I quickly got the Splattershot out of her hands. This took her by surprise and she stumbled a few steps back now with an expression of shock and worry. She was sitting on the ground before me and trying to speak something with a quavering voice.

Pearl: W-what do y-you want?

But that wasn't the worst of it because of my semi-shout before, Marina was starting to come down the stairs as well. As she noticed us and the situation we were in she had almost the same expression as Pearl.