Ch.4: Investigation At Night

(A/N) I'm so sorry for the long wait I had a lot of work to do for the last couple of months but it's here and im trying to make the next one faster but no promises.

(Y/N) POV

As usual, I was starting to wake up early in the morning my body was sore and tired. I tried to stand up from my bed just to fall to my knees.

(Damn, I'm still having the aftereffect of that curse.)

After a while, I could finally move again as I looked at the clock I could tell that it was extremely early in the morning, and decided I could take some fresh air.

After using a ticket I found yesterday I could get a free meal at Crust Bucket. With a full stomach, I made my way from the plaza to a small cafe that, somehow advertised the renting of PCs. When I entered the cafe an Inkling came to me and asked me if I wanted to rent a PC. I accepted and paid for one hour, now I can finally begin to investigate. I made sure no one was near me and tried to find some info on the mysterious duo that call themselves Off the Hook.

Even after some digging, I found nothing suspicious about them only that they are at the moment the most popular idols second to the Squid Sisters who at the moment stopped any kind of work that had to do with idols. Well everyone could guess that it was because of Callie going missing. Pearl owns a mansion around here too but that was expected from someone as rich and popular. It says only she lives in it but looking for any photos of them they seem always together in the mansion. Still, it bothers me that no one is questioning or noticing that Marina is an Octoling.

Maybe I find some clues in the mansion itself but I think it's too risky and at the moment I have enough to do with that whole Marie thing.

The rest of the time I used to search for info on the Octolings and Octarians but nothing to say the least.
I also tried to search for Experiment: BLEACHED but as expected nothing was found. On a sad note, I made my way to the gate to Marie.

As I arrived at the Canyon I noticed Marie again at that laptop seamlessly with someone on the phone. Now expecting it I sneaked carefully to a better place than last time now hearing that mysterious voice again.

Marie:...Still nothing...

???: I'm sorry Marie but that kid is an enigma.

When I heard the voice again and clearer this time it hit me like a charger to the face.

It was Marina no doubt about it... So they know each other, more than that it's almost as if they are friends. Well, whatever I just need to keep listening and I will get my answers.

Marie: What do you mean? There has to be some info about him.

Marina: I'm telling you it's like he never existed and just spawned at the plaza.

As the conversation was going on I quickly put two and two together and figured out that they were talking about me. I don't know if I should be surprised or not.

Marina: Do you have by chance a name this time around?

Marie: No, I'm still trying to find that out.

Why is she so focused on finding some information on me, was it because of yesterday? Maybe it's my hair but she's never seen it, at least I hope. I had it always covered with something but I think it's the most likely one that she doesn't trust me 100% which is understandable she only knew me for a few days.