Ch.3: Fighting With Limits

(Y/N) POV

I was starting to wake up just to see that it was extremely early in the morning. With nothing to do, I decided to go for walk in the Square. As expected there were not many people here, but as I was just sitting on a bench near the shops the giant screen at the tower started to buzz on with two girls on it.

???: Y'all know what time it is!

???: It's Off the Hook, coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!

As I began to watch these two girls that name themself Off the Hook, I noticed that people were now starting to crowd themselves in the middle of the Square.

???: Ah! It's Pearl and Marina doing the news again, come quick.

I heard an Inkling say as they walked past me. So I guess they are too some kind of idols like Maire claims to be.

Pearl: Check it! Here are the current Regular Battle stages!

The girl I assumed was Marina was spinning her records twice, and then images showed up from the battle stages they were referring to. As I took a closer look at Marina I noticed something surprising.

(Is... Is she an Octoling!!!)

As I heard from Marie they are working with the Octarians. Is she some kind of spy doing the news to infiltrate Inkling society? Most likely not, she would have disguised herself. So then why is nobody noticing it did they just accept it or is there more to it. I think I should do some digging when I have free time. As I was still thinking about it I heard something interesting from them.

Pearl: Uh... Why is our producer freaking out? Read the teleprompter, Marina!

Marina: Huh? Let's see here...

She then again spun her record.

Marina: THIS JUST IN! The Great Zapfish has... disappeared?!

They announced it just now, how long has it been gone.

Pearl: Wait, like, for reals?! I feel like I've heard this story somewhere before...

Marina: There's more! Pop superstar Callie of the Squid Sisters has gone missing!

Wait, Squid Sister wasn't Marie saying she is part of it, then I guess that Callie is the other member of the Squid Sisters. Well, then she was saying the truth during our first encounter.

Pearl: NOOOO! NOT CALLIE! This is terrible! Do something, Marina!

Marina: Uh... Ok, I'll put together a search part-

Pearl: Whatever. I'm sure they'll turn up at some point. In other news...

What was that about why make a fuss over it and then just ignore it?

Marina: But shouldn't we form a search party or someth-

Pearl: And that's all the time we've got!

I don't understand what's going on anymore can someone explain this behavior to me.

Pearl: Until next time...

Pearl & Marina: Don't get cooked... stay off the hook!

The giant screen then turned off with leaving me more confused than before.

(Why are they just ignoring these events, and what's up with that behavior from Pearl, and why is an obvious Octoling there and no one is noticing it? Just what is going on?)

After thinking I noticed that the crowd was now beginning to walk away with their faces with shock. When the crowd was gone I had to put my mind on something else so I got in the lobby to do some turf wars for money.