Ch.6: Reaching My Limits

(Y/N) POV

I finally woke up a little later than usual with my body still slightly sour.

(My coins are running out pretty fast. I guess I'm going to go for some Turf War to earn some.)

With that thought, I left my apartment and made my way to the giant tower in the plaza.

*Time Skip*

After playing some matches that were mostly on the winning side, I was getting the feeling of being watched by something or rather someone. It irritated me quite a bit but I let it pass for now. I only caught a glimpse of them one time and it seemed like they were rather small in posture. My mind sprang to the idea that it was Pearl but I can't confirm it at the moment.

After leaving the Lobby and returning to the plaza I began to head toward the gate to Octo Valley. When I arrived I saw Marie sitting as always on a bench in front of a shack drinking tea. She caught a glimpse of me and put her tea down.

Marie: Hello Agent 4.

(Y/N): Hey...

Marie: Are you ready to continue where we left off?

(Hmm she's acting as always maybe the thread worked after all.)

(Y/N): Yeah I guess...

Marie: Motivated as always I see.

(She says in her monotone voice it kind of ticked me off but I let it slide. Also, it may be my imagination but she looks paler than usual.)

(Y/N): Let's just finish this.

*Time Skip*

I was halfway done with the third sector and taking a quick break beside the shack.

Marie: Good job Agent 4 I knew I saw the potential in you. How about you quit for today and come back tomorrow?

(Y/N): It's alright, I just need to catch my breath and then I'm gonna continue.

Marie: I know it's kind of urgent but you don't need to push yourself. You have already made good progress today.

(Y/N): I said I was fine with doing more so its fin-

Marie: But at the moment you have all the time you need to finish this.

(I don't...)

(Y/N): it doesn't matter the sooner the better.

Marie was about to say something back but I just started to walk away. When I took a quick peek at her she had a worried expression on her face which I still don't understand.

(Why care if we only know each other for a few days...)

*Time Skip*

After that whole ordeal, I quickly returned to finishing Sector 3. Just when things began to pick up again an unfortunate encounter was now stopping my pace.

(Octolings again huh...)

Marie:

(They were standing in a big area with their goggles on their head as always. Doesn't seem like they noticed me yet, maybe just a patrol squad It appeared that they were about to split up.)