Ch.2: Arrival At Octo Canyon

(Y/N) POV

After some thinking, I decided to ignore my instincts and go through the gate. After some time of falling, I ended up in some kind of canyon what surprised me was that something like this existed underground.

I took a couple of minutes, just looking around when near a shack I saw the girl that was at the gate. She was standing with the back to me and said something.

???: Hm... The Octarians... Hey, you showed up! As soon as I saw you aimlessly wandering around the square, I knew you were the one.

Now obviously confused I took a look around me and then pointed a finger at me.

(Y/N): Me...?

But when she turned around, I could get a better look at her, I quickly noticed that her hair had a striking resemblance to mine. Maybe she experienced something similar? I quickly took that out of consideration when I took a closer look at her hair. Her hair seems more grayish than white.

???: Im Marie. I know you're probably a bit starstruck, but I need you to get over it. Yes, I'm THAT Marie.

She then struck a pose. Still confused about who she is I just tilted my head to the side, she then continued.

Marie: You know... from the Squid Sisters.

Even now with this new information I still didn't know her and I think my expression made that clear.

Marie: You've never heard of me? For eel? Well, you obviously aren't very cultured, but you'll have to do. See, I've got a little... thing I need some help with.

This can't be something good, I think im going to leave. Although I think she mentioned the Octarians, are they connected to the Octolings?

Marie: By now, you've heard that the Great Zapfish that powers Inkopolis Square is missing. Well, it's not just missing -it's been squidnapped by the Octarian menace? How do I know this? On the surface, I may just look like an absurdly talented pop star.

Marie: But in truth... I'm Agent 2 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, a secret society of heroes who save the world from Octarians!

Well, that answers some questions so she's a pop star. And then there is the Great Zapfish if it is the source that powers Inkopolis, then it is of great importance. But what is this agent stuff she's talking about, I better just listen further.

Marie: Now, I've been trying to keep an eye on the Octarians in my downtime, but I'm a busy girl.

You missed someone stealing your city's main power. How is this keeping an eye on it?

Marie: (If only Callie was around to lend a hand...)
Ahem... I need YOU to go get the Great Zapfish back from those slimy Octarians! What do you say? Are you in? ... *ahem* Sooooooooooo... I take your awkward silence as a yes.

(Y/N): Wait, this isn't something to just agree on now, I have so many questions.

Marie: Too late! Welcome aboard! You are now Agent 4 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. I even
brought you a brand new Hero Suit as a signing bonus.

With that, she handed me the so-called Hero Suit and I must say it looks pretty good. At that point, I just accepted my fate and began to change my clothes behind a wall. When I came back with my cap still on she put her finger on her chin and said.

Marie: Look at that -it fits like a glove! (Not bad for an old hand me down.) Now, let's go tear those Octarians from limb from limb from limb from limb from limb from- Well... you get the picture. Oh yeah- the entrances of the Octarians realm are invisible, so you'll have to ink them to reveal them.