Ch.7: An Important Conversation

Hello everyone, as I said in my prior chapter I'm probably turning this into a slight harem if you want to know more look at the last chapter: ''Important Question For The Story''. As to who will be in the harem I decided on Marie, (Callie), Marina, (Pearl), Agent 3, and Agent 8. Those who are bracketed are not 100% confirmed. If you want any of the girls mentioned just comment. Who will be in the harem is still subject to change but will most likely remain as it is.

(Y/N) POV

I was starting to wake up, for a short second confused as to the unfamiliar surroundings. Starting to remember where I passed out yesterday, as I tried to move my body, to no shock was it sore. What surprised me was my leg, as it was wrapped in a bandage. I saw the door open and Marie entered the shack.

(So she woke up. I have to ask her later about it...)

Marie: Oh you woke up! I brought some food for breakfast if you want.

(Y/N): Ah thanks...

She began to place the brought food on a small table opposite of me. If I had to guess then it was from Crust Bucket. After a few moments of silence, we began to eat which continued the awkward silence, I began to speak up.

(Y/N): So... how are you feeling?

Marie: Much better now, Thank you for asking.

She said in her usual monotone voice sometimes I wonder if she has emotions or not. Anyways Im getting straight to the point.

(Y/N): So what happened there, It's far from normal to just faint.

Marie: ...

(Y/N): If you are not comfortable enough to speak about it then that's fine we barely know each other anyway...

Marie: No... it's fine, I guess it's good to talk about it with someone.

Marie: Well this is hardly unusual it happened on several occasions before.

(Y/N): So this happened multiple times already. Have you tried seeing a doctor?

Marie: Yeah... he said it often happens to people with extreme emotional stress and anxiety...

(Y/N): Mhm you have never looked so stressed to me what could the reason be-

(Y/N): Oh I get it, it's because of your sister!

Marie seemed to flinch a little at that.

(Y/N): Ah sorry that was a little rude...

Marie: It's ok... you're right but it's not just that it's a whole package. The media always wants to know what happened to me and her and the looming threat that presents the Octarians. All because of a stupid Splatfest...

(Y/N): Splatfest?

Marie: You don't know about Splatfests you really must have lived under a rock

(Y/N): ...

She started to explain the basic concept of Splatfest.

Marie: Well it was something like the last Splatfest for us and we decided the theme to be, me against Callie. It played out like any other Splatfest we all celebrated and had fun, or so I guessed. In the end, I was crowned the winner. I thought Callie would take it as any other loss she had in the past, making jokes about how I played unfairly or laughing it off like it was nothing, but after the Splatfest it felt like Callie was distancing herself more and more which eventually turned in me having little contact to none until she was reported missing.