Ch. 10: The Cleanser Of Inklings

*Time skip*

It has been almost two weeks since the incident involving the little girl occurred. I tried not to dwell on it as I continued my mission as an agent and progressed through Octo Valley. At present, I am nearing the end of Sector 4. However, as I ventured deeper into each sector, I encountered more and more Octarians. Marie and I also received strange communication breaks in the last few days where someone threatened us over our comms. Marie quickly recognized the voice as her cousin Callie.

I was now standing over what seemed like the gate to the boss of this sector.

Marie: Are you ready?

(Y/N): Yeah...

As I jumped in, I saw a large arena similar to my last three times. Before I could move, a drone flew near me carrying a case. Inside the case was a custom Charger, which Marie liked to call the Hero Charger.

Sheldon: Use it well. This battle will give me some delicate data.

I should mention that, apparently, Sheldon is involved in the agent operation and is providing me with weapons to collect data for him. Well, he helped me out before, so there is not much I can do.

When jumping into the arena, I was quickly greeted by the zapfish and a large puddle of ink underneath it, ready for the boss to make its entrance. After a few seconds of flashing lights, the boss hovered above me. That was new, and apparently, it is named Octo Shower from Marie.

Before I could do anything, it quickly pulled out some weapon with now a long line and dot on my body. Realizing what was happening, I quickly ran to one of the large covers in the arena's corners. Fortunately, I was quick enough to hear its shot hit the wall and not me,

(That thing has a Charger as a weapon. What a pain... huh)

I noticed that there seemed to be three Octocopters carrying that thing, so taking them down to expose his weak spot is my best bet. As I was in thought, it began to move around the cover to get a clear view of me. I was charging up a shot and waited for it to fly to me. When I got a clear site to one of the Octocopters, I shot at it and reduced my targets to two. With it now having a clear sight of me, it began to charge another shot. I tried to run to the tower in the middle of the arena to reduce my height disadvantage. Luckily, it missed me by a margin, and with the help of a booster, I got up the tower instantly.

Now, playing on the same height level as that shower, I charged two more shots, taking the other two out without carrying anything. It slammed to the ground, and his weak spot came out.

Marie: Now's your chance!

After a few charger shots, its tentacle exploded, and I jumped to a safe distance. It was now starting to move again, making a loud sound, most likely calling for help. Not long after, four Octocopters were flying in, beginning to lift it into the air again. Without waiting for its turn, I quickly climbed up the tower and now was starting to charge a shot. It then pulled another kind of weapon out, and before I could react, a barrage of shots came my way. With my only way to doge was to get off this tower, I dove down, landing luckily on my feet. I was waiting for it to stop shooting and heard something new again. It made some sound, but far away, that perplexed me before hearing the sound of rain coming my way.

(Huh, rain?)

I couldn't see what it was doing, for my vision was blocked from that tower but I had a bad feeling about the rain until I heard someone yell on my coms it was Marie.