Ch.8: The Small Pursuer

04: W-why did you do it...

(Y\N): ...

04: WHY!

(Y/N): Because there is no hope in here...

04: Y-you think this justifies this!

(Y/N): This is the only-

04: You traitor! We could have all escaped if not for you!

(Y/N): We have tried and failed! Disobeying them makes things worse...

04: This is not enough of an excuse. If you genuinely believe that, then only over my body...

???: Hey

(Y/N): ...

???: You ok?

(Y/N): ...

???: HEY!

(Y/N): AhhhouaAHHHHH

As I opened my eyes, I realized I was lying on the ground. Above me stood Marie. Out of panic, I rolled off the couch I was sleeping on.

Maire: You ok down there?

(Y/N): I guess?

Marie: Why did that sound like a question?

She says, giggling a little bit before the silence takes over.

Marie: You were sweating and moving around a lot must have been a nightmare.

(Y/N): Ah, it happens sometimes, nothing too ordinary.

Marie: Well, if you say so.

She holds her arm in my direction to help me lift. I took her hand, and she lifted me up with quite some strength.

(Y/N): You got quite a firm grip there.

Marie: I'm still an Agent, you know.

She says, turning her back to me and looking over her shoulder at me with a smirk.

(Y/N): Aren't you too lively this morning?

Marie: I could say the same to you. After a few days, you're able to stand back up.

It's been a few days since my leg injury, and in these past few days, she nursed me entirely back up.

(Y/N): Thanks for your help.

Marie: *sigh* that's the third time. It is just a way of repaying you for your work so far.

(Y/N): Still, it's the first time someone has cared for me.

Marie: Well, you're welcome.

She says, turning her head quickly to me and then again forward with a smile while walking to her bedroom.

(She's smiling way more than before. I don't know how to feel about it. For one, it's nice that she is smiling more, but her change in attitude seems far too quick, almost like putting on a play to deceive me... I don't want to have these thoughts, but after all that happened, I have difficulty fully trusting anyone.)