Epilogue (Part Two)

Aiden's POV

Flashback continues...

A week later, we arranged the press conference as Lisa was fully prepared to face the public. Nicole and the whole family sided by her and decided to speak the whole truth. We decided to leave Henry's name out of the whole fiasco, no one had to know Lydia was actually Henry Renault's psychotic ex-girlfriend. We even left out Lydia and Tony's name. However, part of the footage of the basement was shown to the reporters to prove that Lisa had actually been attacked. We even got Diem and Peter, the stable lads, to testify that they had indeed witnessed the attack on Lisa through the fierce horse, Lakel. They even had papers signed by Lydia when she bought the horse.

Thankfully, the media went calm afterwards, apologizing for all the trouble they imposed on Lisa and us. Some days after, my parents met Lisa and my family fell in love with her.

Flashback ends.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw him at the door. His ash gray hair now sleek black, his muscles bulged out beneath the white stylish shirt and he hung his black jacket casually on his left arm. The man was seeing the whole world after being jailed for one and a half years. Tony was released six months prior to his normal release date, following his good conduct and hard work in jail. The man had changed for good and had been repenting for long, he still is repenting.

We met last week after I received a call from the commissioner in charge who was also a good friend of mine. He personally requested for me to meet Anthony who had been asking him to make me meet him at least once. I decided to go and found out he wanted to meet Lisa to ask for forgiveness so he could start his life afresh, with the guilt burden lessened to some extent. At first, I didn't want to accept his request since I didn't want Lisa to recall all the bad memories after seeing his face, but later I realized I had to accept that Tony deserved that fresh start.

The only thing that really sucked was that his release date was today, on our wedding day and he wouldn't be able to meet us afterwards since we would be going to the Maldives tonight itself while he already booked a ticket to return to Italy tomorrow. I had no choice other than inviting here and I was damned if Lisa would be upset at me.

My feet automatically led me to Tony as soon as I saw him. I didn't realize Henry standing past us until he spoke in a dangerous low tone,

"Why the fuck are you here?" I almost did a double take, hearing Henry cussing. That guy never uttered a bad word.

"I asked him to come." I replied slowly, glancing back at the bride and bridesmaids who were still having fun. 

"You what?" I was about to answer when Adriana, Henry's Personal Assistant, suddenly appeared.

"Sir, I need you to take this call."

"Not now." Henry dismissed her completely and turned to me.

"But Sir, it's really important, it's-"

"I said NOT NOW! Don't you fucking understand?" Henry darkly glared at her while he angrily snapped as the poor girl shuddered and began taking some steps back, away from Henry.

"Hey hey, Henry man! Cool it down a bit." I glanced at Adriana who began walking in the opposite direction.

"Miss Hayes! Wait!" I went down after her and said slowly, "Please don't mind Henry, he lost his cool back there for some reason. Can you please do me a favor?" She nodded quietly.

"Please, bring Lisa to the backyard area, make sure there are no other people there."

"Sure, Mr. Corristor." Adrianna said while nodding again.