Chapter Twenty Five

Lisa's POV

After having a full breakfast of cheese omelette, freshly cut strawberries dipped in soft-whipped cream, and some pancakes lavished with maple syrup, I was laying on the couch, my bloated belly resembling a sack of potatoes.

"It's good the horses are not here yet. You don't seem capable of even standing up," Tony said with a mocking tone.

"It's all Dia's fault" I groaned. "She has such amazing cooking skills," I licked my lips and Tony stared lustfully.

"You've always loved my dishes," Dia called out from the kitchen; she could hear our conversation.

"I love you." I shouted and closed my eyes for a while.

I already had my wig and lenses on. This time, I skipped the sunglasses. I had to refrain myself from falling asleep since I did not want to go against the advice of the ophthalmologist

He specifically told me not to approach fire flames and not to sleep with the lenses on, or it could be dangerous.

In the blink of an eye, I heard noises of a vehicle outside. Hinting that it was the horses, we all went out, and I exclaimed when I saw Diem getting out of the truck.

"Hey guys! Your required horses are here, we have to embark them in their respective slots. I've got Peter with me, and I learnt he's actually the stable boy you hired from your side to look after Lakel," Diem said cheerfully, looking at Dia. He appeared satisfied enough.

"How do you know Peter?" Dia asked curiously, squinting her eyes at Diem.

"Well, he's the one who has always taken care of Lakel and the horse can only be calmed down by him," He explained.

"What a great coincidence! That's a blessing in disguise. I mean we won't have much of a trouble to have Lakel adapt here," Tony said with much enthusiasm.

"Yeah right," Diem nodded and ushered, "Tony, show me the slots."

After some time inside the stable, Diem called out to Peter who was still in the truck. He hastily got out, passing by us to go in the stables.

He appeared to be in his early twenties with chestnut coloured hair, and an average lean yet muscular body. He was your typical stable boy at the farm and wore the traditional brown boots along with the famous large cowboy hat.

After quite some time, all the three horses were settled without much difficulty.

Well, who was I kidding? Of course, Lakel had not been easy to deal with. Tony completely backed out from handling him since Lakel would only growl at him.

Thankfully, Peter succeeded in bringing him to his slot. It was equal to a miracle witnessing the behaviour Lakel depicted with Peter. They were no less than soulmates.

"Peter, you're amazing. It'll be an honour to have you with us," Dia said to him and patted him on the shoulder.

After a light lunch together with Peter, we decided to spend some time with the horses. The weather summing up to the perks of our little promenade program. The sun was high up in the sky with some foamy clouds partly overshadowing it, dimming its bright light in the process.

Diem had already left and Peter obviously stayed with Lakel as he rode him. Tony took the dark brown one which we named Omel. Mine was Selia, the beautiful, white satin one as Dia rode Beattle. Only Gracy stayed back at the stable.

It was refreshing to have more company. I began to wonder about myself again. I was feeling more happy now that we got one more person in our group. Perhaps, I was an extrovert and adored to socialise.