Chapter Eight: The Answers to my Questions

Lisa's POV

I thought my eyes were deluding me, but the reality was too obvious to be mistaken.

Nicole was in front of my own eyes with her same blue-green eyes, plump pink lips and standing one metre and 73 centimeters tall.
I was too shocked to say anything.

When I was finally able to comprehend this was all not a figment of my imagination, I broke down into tears. She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, her wet tears dropping on my shoulder.

I could inhale her scent with was combination of vanilla and jasmine, the perfume she'd always used.

Feeling overwhelmed, I did not know what to do and what to say.

I had so many thoughts parading my mind, but all that were coming out were unstoppable sobs.

Nicole was in a similar situation as she clutched on me as if she was hanging on for dear life. We cried and cried until all energy had drained out.

I pushed her back, now gaining all the courage to confront her. I could feel rage forming within me, but the most strong emotion was confusion, more likely the need for clarity.

I wiped away my tears with the back of my hands, leaving my face flushing red and really damp.

"Would you care to explain why you left?" I croaked.

"Lisa..." She started and my eyes once again glistened with tears, hearing her voice. I thought I would never hear her voice again. I thought I would never be able to feel her again.

Our twin connection was an exceptional feeling. During all these miserable days, I was purely lost without her, without this feeling, without our connection.

Suddenly, I felt complete. It was as if my other half was connected to my lost soul.

"I did that for your best," She said as she closed her eyes, inhaling.

"For my best?" I said not lending credence to my ears.

"How did you think you were doing this for my best? Do you even know how I felt when you gave me that fucking letter?" I was exasperated.

"Nicole, you left with only a letter behind! Not even a kiss or a hug. You left with no proper goodbye. Hell, you didn't even care to give a reason as to why you left. What kind of problem were you so trapped in that you couldn't even tell me?

We have shared everything while growing up. Darn, we've been together ever since we were in mom's womb. What problem was bigger than our connection? That you had to disconnect everything and go far away..." I trailed off, breathed to calm myself down and then continued,

"Okay, maybe you were really in some deep shit. You might not have told Mom, Dad and Bryan. But me? How could you?

And what has happened to our promise we made to each other? What made you lose your trust in me? You went out thinking I wouldn't be able to help you! Do you even know how our family has become? What mom..." I trailed off, feeling drained.

"I'll give you all the answers you deserve, Lisa. I did that for everyone's best. I know it's very hard for you to trust me and my letter has not helped either. In fact, I came back to New York only to meet you," She cut me off with a firm and persuading voice.

"Oh really?" I laughed humorlessly.

"Then why were you running away? You were even at Vogue before noon, right?" I pointed a finger at her chest.

"You were escaping from me," I screamed and continued,

"All the previous times I thought I was hallucinating on seeing you, you were actually there, right?" I chuckled humorlessly, not requiring any response. Her face made everything clear.