Chapter Twenty Six

Tony's POV

"You're always talking in these riddles. Can you ever come straight to the point and tell me what you really want to do now?" I asked.

"You be my audience, Tony. As for now, leave me alone to continue the plot." She smirked and then morphed her face to that of a disgusted one, "Keep checking on her as well." She pointed to the closed door of Lisa's room.

Damn. She didn't utter a single word about her plan. Well, she at least made it clear it would not be good. I asked all of that to be able to know her next move but all in vain. She told me everything I already knew. I was taken off guard when the plotted accident happened earlier in the afternoon and later shock overcame me. I did not expect my step sister to pull out that stunt out of the blue and after a while it occurred to me that she had already planned everything since we were at the farmhouse to buy the horses. Getting the exact same stable boy, that is Peter, was never a coincidence. She must have loaded that lad with some notes. I did not know how I missed that when it was right in front of me. I should not care, should I? What good would it do me to know her plan well in advance? I should just maintain my distance from Lisa as from now but she has instructed me very clearly to check on her. I knew I had to. From the moment I looked at Lisa's photo, viewing her for the very first time, only one word left my mouth. Beautiful. I was well aware from then, I would have the hots for her but going to this extent of caring for her was beyond both my imagination and expectation.

Opening the door, I saw she was lying on the bed, her eyes blinking very slowly. She was finally awake.

"Tony." She whispered in a very hoarse voice as she tried to sit on the bed.

"Stop right there. Just keep laying down. You still need rest." I said approaching her with fast steps.

"It's too much painful." She was not able to hold her body straight as she rested flat on the bed again. The left side of her forehead was plastered with a medical band aid since she lightly hit her head when she stopped rolling away from the ferocious Lakel. As for her shoulder, it was thankfully not dislocated but was in a poor condition. She has had no bleeding but will suffer from the strong impact.

"I know Bella. You have to apply the ointment on your shoulders and also take some painkillers the doctor prescribed. I have already got them for you." I brought out the medicines from the drawer in the bed nightstand as I gave them to her.

She gently took them and gulped the pills down with some water. She then opened the ointment tube to rub the medical balm on her left shoulder and on the right one afterwards. She screeched in pain as she did so much so that I had to take the balm from her and finish the application myself.

"Why me?" She croaked out as tears glistened in her eyes.

"Be strong my Bella. You do not deserve this." The words came out of my mouth before I could even stop it. It came directly from my heart and I knew I was right. However, there was no turning back now. We have reached too far in this game and it had to end. I wanted it to end.

"Just when I thought everything was going to get good Tony. I was finally beginning to feel happy. I was really enjoying my time with you." She said with a very tiny hint of a smile. My heart did a somersault but I held myself in place.

"We will continue our fun Bella, I promise. I will try my best to protect you at every cost. This was an unfortunate accident and it was inevitable." I gulped as I turned my gaze to the wall, feeling the guilt accumulate in my chest. I knew I had to instantly get out of here. As if on cue, Lisa closed her eyes and said she was feeling very sleepy. I told her it was the side effects of the medicines as I left her to rest after covering her warm body with the blanket.