Chapter Twenty Three

Tony's POV

"We can move there now." I said closing the door behind me, going further into Dia's room. We just finished lunch and were now in Dia 's room with Lisa-Isabella resting in the room across this one.

"Hmmm." Dia was filing her nails with a thoughtful expression.

"Damn sis, I can't stay here anymore. We have better work in the city, you know that right?"I half yelled-whispered at her. We obviously had our master plan but hell, this was more difficult than I ever thought it would be. Sure, having a private island all to yourself was amazingly wholesome but being trapped here for a month already, meanwhile playing "well wisher" was bound to get annoyingly exhausting.

"What do you think we are doing here? Wasting our time? Or do you think this is a vacation?" Dia asked sarcastically, filing her nails with more effort than necessary. It was clear her temper had begun shimmering.

"You know that's not what I meant! All I'm saying is we can just go to the city."

She began taking care of her cuticles and said slowly, "We are supposed to go there after two months. Only a month has passed. You should learn to get things through the hard way. You think everything is so easy, huh? Good things come after a lot of patience, perseverance and hard work. You do not achieve your goal overnight!" Boredom filled my senses as I listened to her words for the millionth time. I knew I had to keep my temper in check, otherwise our whole plan would get soaked if it got uncovered.

"We are working hard. It's just that I think the danger has now passed-"

"You think the danger has passed? You THINK? since when you developed that quality? I thought there were only nuts filled in that thick skull of yours." She was now laughing quietly, applying bright red nail polish on her nails.

"Enough! You think so highly of yourself huh? You know what will happen if we keep on staying here, right? We planned to stay for a period of two to three months as a safety measure. But after watching the news, what are we here for? Clearly a fucking extended vacation!"

"Fucking swine. This is the biggest project we have ever had and she is our most important work and you're saying we are vacationing here?!" She stood up abruptly hitting the medium sized nail polish container spilling all the red nail polish on the white as milk bed sheet, soaking the mattress.

"Exactly! She is the main work and her family thinks she is dead! The coast is now clear. Care to explain what we are still doing here?"

"I have watched the news too Tony. You don't need to say this over and over again." She sighed, ripping out the bed sheet from the mattress discarding it on the floor. "I just have certain instincts. Something just isn't right. I think it's better we wait." She seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"Come on Dia. You know what a pessimistic witch you have always been, still is and will always be. This is your problem, you go along with your instincts which can side with you or which can get you drowned. But you dear brother here, uses his sharp logic." I smirked a bit, fully aware of my damn accurate reasoning.

"Can you stop flattering yourself?" She rolled her eyes and continued, "My instincts have never failed me."

"But it can. You can never know when and where. Now, put that sharp brain of yours in use. Take Lisa to our secluded ranch house in the city. We'll be safe there as we are here, you have no doubt in that, right?"

"I think we should stay here for a few more days." Dia said after much contemplation.

"You know what? I'm going to get the fuck out of here in two days time. I'll be at the ranch house. If you want to come, be my guest. Or else, enjoy your time alone with your bestie." I said leaving the room, going outside for a walk.