Chapter Eighteen

Aiden's POV

"What the hell! Dammit." I fisted my hair, tugging on it. I felt my skin getting hot, feeling the anger at its zenith.

"Who is that blonde, Michael?"

"He's Henry Renault, Sir. Apparently, he was seen with Ms Hanston on a date at Grand Haven, then at the Carters club, and now in this new chinese restaurant." Michael delivered in a clipped tone.

He knew his boss was on the verge of throwing a fit.

"Are you sure they are not friends?" I asked, a flashback of Lisa and I meeting the first time at Grand Haven crossed my mind.

She was looking so damn hot and gorgeous in that high slit dress. Little did I know she was on a date with that cunt there.

"I'm afraid not, Sir." He stated.

"What do you know more about that guy?" I inquired, ignoring the pain that flashed in my chest.

"He owns the Renault Car Manufacturing Company which is currently facing a lot of problems. He's from Paris, but then moved to Manhattan for his career and family. Shall I send you a report on him, Sir?"

"That'll be enough." I dismissed him with a hand gesture.

He nodded and went out, his stoic expression maintained.

I felt betrayed.

Why did Lisa not tell me about this?

Hell, I never told a girl about my feelings before.

I told her I liked her when I dropped her at her house the night she was at my place with Nicole, Luca and Ian.

This is what I got? Deception?

I was trying to contact her since the morning, but she was not picking up. I got worried and told Michael to trace her whereabouts.

It was then that I knew she was dating that french. She just confessed her feelings to me while she was dating someone else. She seemed so happy when I said that I liked her. She threw herself in my arms, reciprocating the feeling.

I felt a pang in my chest. How could she..?

Oh shut up Aiden! Isn't this the same way you play with the other women?

Correction.

Played.

Lisa cannot do this to me.

She won't.

I'll have to learn to trust her.

But I can't trust that blondie.

I could not imagine her with another guy. My pulse raced as I thought of her with that blonde.

Am I jealous?

No.

Well what if I am? I don't care!

She can't do this.

I'll punch that fucking Henry.

Lisa's POV

I enjoyed talking to Henry. He was great in the art of listening and would never judge instantly. That's a rare personality he got. The world needed more open-minded and kind-hearted people like him.

We made sure to let everything behind us, and continued our relationship as good friends. I was tremendously enjoying my time with him. I felt relaxed knowing that there was no strain on our relationship anymore. I could already already picture our friendship blossoming even more in the future.