Chapter Sixteen

Lisa's POV

My mind kept reeling about what Aiden just told me. He was not guilty, at least not this time. And I have been such a bitch with him.

Darn.

"Miss Hanston, I was asking if you would like to proceed for a police case against Miss Wayne."

"I don't think so." I said after much contemplation.

It was clear that it was Lauren who hired a man to take the video from a different angle and also paid the man a huge amount of cash to edit the video and removed my justification. Michael found it out through his sources. He got a clear view of the man's face through the Bank's security camera surveillance which is located just beside Lady Chic Company. Lauren made sure that the man would stand at a place where our company's camera surveillance would not get any glimpse of him.

"Do you know the man?" Aiden asked.

"No I don't. Haven't ever seen him before."

"He might have joined hands with Miss Wayne because either he may have something against you personally or he was in it for cash or maybe both." Michael said.

"I think it is for the cash. We clearly saw Lauren meeting him in this video and giving him the cash and then he went away. Plus, I don't know that man. How can he have something against me and why?"

"You can never know his reasons. You are a celebrity. It is a possibility and only an assumption that he may not like you. If you wish to know the real reason, then we should get him to talk. He is the only one who can give a real answer."

"As much as I want to know, I also do not want to file any case. It is done now. Besides, Lauren no longer works for our company. She got fired after the scandal she created. I don't think anything will happen again."

"Think about it Lisa. I will handle it all for you and we'll hire the best lawyer against Lauren."

"It's really sweet of you Aiden. But, no thank you. You've done much already." I averted my face from Aiden to Michael. "And you too Michael."

He nodded at me and Aiden instructed him to report to him on another case he was working on of Aiden's investors.

Just as he went out, I turned my face to Aiden and touched his cheek.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He stayed silent and leaned against my forehead, closing his eyes.

"And thank you." He suddenly wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes inhaling the manly scent of his cologne. He smelled divinely good as always.

"No need to thank me. I couldn't let her claim me as her man when I barely knew her full name."

Oh. So he did all of this just because he cared about his image, not mine.

He moved and kissed my cheek and then the tip of my nose making me feel the butterflies erupting in the pit of my stomach.

But due to all these happenings, my head was throbbing, I couldn't help but close my eyes.

"You're having a headache?" He asked.

"Yes." I opened my eyes very slowly.

Desire for me was evident in his eyes. There was this electrical magnet force which was always present between us in lovely times, quiet times like this or even in the shuddering fights.

He removed the tight elastic band as my hair now fell on my shoulders and my back. I instantly felt relaxed when all my roots were freed from the pull of my high ponytail.