Chapter Twenty Eight

Lisa's POV

Turning off the faucet, I looked at myself one last time at the small mirror bounded by a metallic silver casing. I wiped my damp face with the clean towel and began to do my makeup with the products Tony got me when he went to buy the 'disguise' accessories. My excitement for this most awaiting day had to be outshone by the feeling of nervousness and perhaps dread. But I knew I would do good as I always have.

My classmates and friends used to praise me all the time for my outstanding performance in acting in all the dramas and plays I participated in back in High School and College. I would have definitely been in Hollywood had I not been a supermodel already.

I can still join.

I, nonetheless, never thought I would have needed to incorporate my precious acting skills into real life. But I did and I was really hoping there weren't any more secrets hidden as skeletons in the closet. The plan for today revolved all around the information Aiden had disclosed to me at our meeting, basically on the fifth day after our first meeting in the cave. It was all in vain to search in the house or by using any other way to communicate directly with either Dia or Tony. I had to wait for an opportunity which never came since Dia would strictly not allow one to form. She certainly did not suspect I knew everything because I never gave her a chance to think so. But I knew I had to abide by my ultimate mantra to never underestimate your enemies.

I had to play safe but wise to always remain above and I knew not to indulge in anything to not raise any suspicion. That was why I let Aiden do the work of research while I tried to let my opponent think she held the upper hand. With all the things Aiden told me yesterday night in the cave, I had to admit it was the last thing I thought would be the source of all this charade. There had to be something wrong somewhere and that was one of my ultimate goals today, to obtain all the answers to my questions.

As I finished my look, I smiled looking at myself. I could finally be the real me and end all this farce drama. I wore a black leather slim pants and a super cute lacy black lingerie top as I put on the black leather jacket above and zipped it all up. I tied the laces of my high heeled black velvet boots adorned with some shiny metallic silver rings to permeate the black laces. I knew I looked all but a badass in this outfit. I needed this look and confidence. To top it all, I had my natural long brown hair with the stranded blonde highlights in a high ponytail, purposely leaving out some strands on the sides of my face. The strict sharp eyeliner along with the bright red lipstick and the highlight on my cheekbones contributed to putting my look on fleek.

Taking the woolen scarf on the tiny couch, I placed it on my head and covered my face. Rushing towards my way out, after cautiously checking there was no one watching outside, I left the deserted house purposely unlocked and ran to the cave where I saw Aiden already waiting for me.

"What the hell? Dammit. Lisa, It's already six." He checked his watch.

"Watch your words mister. And chill." I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, the event starts at eight. You-" He had a deep worried look on his face and I knew what was troubling him.

"You are now wasting time by talking. We should get going and I have things prepared already. Relax baby." I softened at the last part and instantly he took me in his arms as he croaked out some words I couldn't understand.

We hastened to his place where Mr Black was waiting patiently but nervously on the loveseat.

"Lisa, oh my Darling. It's so good to see you again. You have no idea how happy I am to see you safe. I was not able to hear about your death." Tears shone in his eyes as he looked at me with pure emotions on his face.