Chapter Twenty Nine

Lisa's POV

Relief and pride surged over me as I saw familiar delighted faces applauding in the audience.

They appeared to be in shock at first, but they recovered after a while.  Mr Black and I turned to walk back, when he stopped mid-track on the ramp.

I looked at him and he motioned me to turn around to the camera's side. I did so instantly to get what he meant.

My mouth parted in shock at the sight before me. My heart palpitated a gazillion times faster, butterflies erupting in my tummy, as I felt my knees wobbled. The audience went in chaos this time, cheers erupting.

Tears streamed down my face as I kept looking at the love of my life, bent on one knee and a black velvet box was held up in his slightly shaky palm.

The Pop-star, still on the ramp, passed Aiden his mic and he put it near his mouth to speak, but no words came out. The audience erupted in cheers again as I heard Luca shouting to Aiden, "Man up, Bro. C'mon say it."

Nicole was smiling widely in the Luca's arms and the whole modeling team was grouped on the back of runway cheering for us. I saw Aiden's cheeks reddening as he finally spoke,

"You're just so damn beautiful, Babe," He whispered with an admiring gaze.

"I can't seem to get any words out although I've been reciting this non stop," He smiled sheepishly, but continued after taking a deep breath,

"Lisa, ever since I laid my eyes on you and held you in my arms on the first night we met, I knew something happened to me. Something that has never occurred before struck within me, and I couldn't understand why I felt compelled towards you all the time. I cared for you the way I never cared for anyone else.

You are charismatic, bright, smart, sassy, confident, intelligent, beautiful, loving, caring and the list goes on. I fell in love with every single tiny aspect of yours- from the top to the bottom, the left to the right.." He grinned sheepishly, his eyes holding true all the words he just poured out. My tear ducts were leaked and I smiled largely at him. 

Inhaling another deep breath, he continued,

"Words will never do justice to the feelings I have for you, but I hope my actions have and will always do. I promise to show you how much I love you for eternity.

I'll be the luckiest man alive to have you as my wife. Lisa Elizabeth Hanston, will you marry me?"

He opened the little box and I gasped at the immense diamond shining on top of the white gold ring band, adorned with tiny shiny diamonds. There were sparkly little diamonds encircling the huge diamond on top giving it a more extravagant look. Aiden perfectly knew my choice and had the best taste himself.

"Yes. Million and million times yes." I cried bending to hug him with all the love I mustered.

He pulled me back after a while and inserted the ring on my finger as everyone once again cheered louder this time. I hugged him once again as he kept showering me with affectionate kisses. The pyrotechnics burst all around the ramp walk, illuminating both of us together.

Nicole congratulated us and gave me a tight hug as she cried along with us.

"Guys, it's time." Luca said quietly once we pulled out from our group hug.

I nodded at the others as I recomposed myself. I waved at the crowd and gave them a love-filled flying kiss. I also thanked Mr. Black for allowing Aiden to propose during the fashion show. Meanwhile, Luca instructed one of the bouncers to direct Tony and Dia backstage.