Chapter Thirteen

Lisa's POV

I tossed and turned in my bed trying to get some sleep. I glanced at the time on the silver clock encircled which crystals on the light beige coloured wall. It was 3 am.

My mind was racing with all kind of thoughts and I felt so damn stupid. This feeling was new to me as I had never been hurt by a guy before. For sure, I never caught feelings  which was why I was unaware of this overwhelming feel of sadness and lost combined with rage. I always never cared about quotes concerning heartbreak and all while on social media since my knowledge on this topic was limited to movies and novels only. Now I really wanted to throw away this frustration and hurt in my chest. But it seemed not getting away anytime soon. I walked over to the balcony and inhaled the cool air of the night. I could only see huge pine trees surrounding the mansion. The night was illuminated by the stars which were shining so bright in the sky.

I started to sing Twinkle twinkle, my favourite and most sung song since kindergarten.

I wished I could return to my childhood days and revive all the memories when I was so carefree and at ease with anything. The world was so simple and life was simply easy. I wanted a good peace of mind.

I went back to bed only to get three hours of sleep before I woke up for work.

I tried to concentrate on the task I had for today. I wore a pair of ripped jeans, a V neck black chiffon transparent blouse and a victoria secret top underneath. I did my usual makeup, not over the top and applied a red lipstick in the end. Lastly, I put on my pale pink square heel

I left the house without breakfast to avoid all the questions on my shoot yesterday

I left the house without breakfast to avoid all the questions on my shoot yesterday. Actually it was a family habit to talk about our adventures, new experiences or simply our day at work.

Mom used to say that it improved human relationships and keeping the flow of conversation running  is crucial for a family to be together. At some point, she was right. Nowadays especially young adults and adolescents are so engrossed in their own personal things and friends that they fail to value the relationships with their families and refuse to spend time with them.

And that was what I was doing right now. I was escaping from my family. From mom, to be specific.

But I was helpless. She would shoot questions at me about yesterday and I did not even want to think about it, because all I had in mind was him making me so pleasurably insane for him and ditching me for the second time. My stomach churned again at this thought.

Hold on tight.

And fuck him off.

I entered the huge building of my office and parked my car in the basement area reserved only for staff only. As I was ascending the stairs to come to the front door of the office building I saw a group of paparazzi some metres away. They were surrounding a person and taking photos of that person.
After some seconds I realised that it was Lauren they were after when I saw her smiling at the cameras.