What is a Hero?

[Two Days Later]

"It's time to wake up! It's time to wake up! It's tim-" The blaring alarm clock repeated, before it was promptly shut off with a sudden slap. Taeko groaned as he rolled over the clock, discovering that it was only seven in the morning.

He turned onto his back, letting himself stare at the ceiling above. He laid there for a few minutes, simply processing what happened a few days ago. The demenated voice of Rekka haunted his dreams, and he knew that was now a murderer.

"Becausssse I wanted to. What other purpose doessss a man like me have in life?"

Those very words always echoed through his mind, all it served was to upset him further. Even with his death, Rekka found a way to dwell around in his mind. His smile covered in blood made Taeko grit his teeth, until he took a deep breath.

What could he do to fill this gapping void in his spirit? He knew that he needed to do something, yet, he didn't know where he how he could help. He kept thinking about how his parents always said he'd be a great hero. However, when looking back at his life now, where was he?

What makes a hero? What is a hero?

"He's gone. Let him be gone." He thought, still feeling the lingering bruises all around his body. He uncovered his arm from his blanket, and took a glimpse at the bite. By now, most of it had healed, but he'd still need to keep it covered for a few more days.

His Quirk also offered him faster regeneration, this came from his father's power. While it was still a growing ability, it helped out tremendously for small cuts and bruises.

A sudden knock at the door caused Taeko to quickly hide his arm under his blanket. "Come in." He called out, before the door knob slowly twisted around. Aeon poked his head through the door, looking directly at his cousin.

"Morning Aeon," Taeko greeted, flashing a fatigued smile towards his family member.

"Hey, morning man." Aeon greeted back, slightly tipping his head with a similar smile. "My mom's making breakfast, you want some?"

In an immediate answer, his stomach loudly growled, bringing both of them to chuckle. "Guess that's a yes." Replied Aeon, shutting the door behind him. Taeko jumped out of web once the door clicked fully shut, and removed his shirt.

He faced the center mirror that hung above his dresser. When turning around he got a clear look at the claw marks in his back, which hadn't really healed yet. "Damn, that's going to be hard to explain." He commented, already knowing how annoying it'd be to explain to his family.

When he got home on New Years day, he snuck in through his window. He was able to sneak into the shower, removing most of the stink away from him. However, once got out, Nozomi stood there waiting for him to explain.

---------
"I was uhh, out with friends?" Taeko said, which sounded more like a question than an actual answer.

---------

His hair had dried out completely as usual, bringing it back it the normal bush state. He grabbed a long sleeve shirt and some pants, before leaving his room. In the hallway leading towards the main den, he passed various hung photos.

A picture of Nozomi and Hitomi when they were younger, the wedding picture of Nozomi and her late husband- The Opoque Hero, and one of Taeko and Aeon as young kids. They were much closer before he moved in, as his parent's deaths caused him to change at such a young age.

"Ah there you are, good morning Taeko." Nozomi said once he entered the dining room table. He greeted her and waved, while Aeon already sat eating his food. He was dressed wearing his U.A uniform, which surprised Taeko, since he assumed his school was still on break.