Extras!

Here are just some takeaways and reflections about the overall run of Mha: Spectacular Spider-Man Vol.1. If you made it all the way through the year-long story, then I'm sincerely grateful, I had a lotta fun writing this.

Why I started this??- If you've been around since the days of White Tiger (yeah, Shattered Spark will be finished soon.) Then you know that the stories were just fun pastimes to write wacky adventures with OCs in the Bnha story. Ironic that I originally started a story called the Spider-Hero that died out once I started White Tiger, how the roles have reversed.

I started this when Aviacc98 and I started talking again and said screw it, why not make a connected story? But before I started this story we coordinated what could and couldn't happen, mainly for plot and continuity maintenance.

Also, if the ending with Eclipse and Beautification felt kinda rushed or swept away, that's on me. Before I started, I had expected Aviacc98 Mha: Conflicted Societies to be concluded, but hey stuff happens and we work with the cards we're dealt.

So, December 2021 brought about Taeko Bi-Han as the Spectacular Spider-Man going through traumatic and excruciating adventures. I mean seriously, those last ten chapters really put the man through the wringer. I kinda feel bad for him, he definitely needs a break.

Many parts of this story took inspiration from existing Spider-Man stories and ideas while adding enough to keep it fresh. I especially enjoyed taking the best parts of Spider-Man that we all know and love and molding a hero I believe embodies a lot of what makes the character so special.

I also just really like Spider-Man, so I had to write a Mha crossover eventually.

Favorite Characters to write!!

1. Taeko Bi-Han: Spider-Man (Duh).

I enjoyed writing this witty, wisecracking hero so damn much. It was a refreshing change from our previous Mha protagonist, Aeon Bi-Han. I loved writing him interacting and reacting to the world set up by Aviacc98 created back in 2020. While it was challenging to work on pace with his slow updating schedule (still waiting for the new chapters) it was still an enjoyable time.

SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR, SPIDER-MAN!!

2. Noritaka Ohista: The Green Goblin.

My own version of the bastard Goblin that tormented our titular hero. Not much to say other than that I always had fun coming up with how this villain could serve as a foil to Taeko's life. Somehow, it reminded me of the old days of writing Hirito Kujo.

3. Kaina Tsutsumi: Lady Nagant.

I honestly didn't plan on having her in the story until I wrote the first chapter. I had seen her when she first appeared in the Bnha Manga back in January 2021, and knew she'd be fun to write with her Canon-established backstory and design. Her arc worked pretty well with Taeko's and by the end, I felt they earned their happy little ending.

4. Ohta Octavius: Doctor Octopus.

Boy, this guy sure was pathetic right? But he was so endearing to write that I couldn't help but have fun. Originally he was going to be a bigger character and appear much sooner, but I wanted the Sinister Six to be the main antagonistic forces in the second half of the story. But who knows what nefarious schemes and conspiracies he'll get up to in the future?

*sometimes foreshadowing is rather obvious*

5. Jin Juba: JJ.

Literally J. Jonah Jameson. So he's automatically the best character in the entire story. But in all seriousness, I didn't expect him to become as big a character as he did by the end.