Call of Corruption P.1

Taeko wrapped up the villain known as Shocker, after his failed attempt to rob a local bank. The hero's costume was now riddled with rip and tear, which would be his fifth repair this week. Despite the genius, he still had a lack of sewing skills.

"Note to self, bring a better suit for a villain that hits you with sharp soundwaves." Taeko uttered with annoyance, glancing at the various rips and tears on his suit.

After he handed over the defeated villain to police, he left to scene to head somewhere else. Taeko knew that his time as Spider-Man needed to be revamped. So, after carefully considering the proposal he heard while getting his face bashed by metal gloves, he accepted. "Couldn't be that bad." Taeko thought, grabbing onto the edge of the building infront of the Yaoyorozu agency.

It was the largest building in the nearby districts, crowning itself the pinnacle of protection. The agency was a tall white and navy blue industrial office, and it differentiated itself from the other surroundings. The agency's building had the main center at the top, which was a large straight rectangle. There was a round oval that curved ontop of the roof and looped around the top floors.

"Maybe I shouldn't," Taeko said, now suddenly doubting his decision. For all he knew this could be an ambush waiting to happen, with hundreds of heroes ready to arrest him. "I know she's a trustworthy person, but I do I trust her?" He asked, walking on the side of the building towards the street.

Apprehension crowded against all other thoughts, trying to force him to reconsider. Taeko was worried that his luck might be running out, or this was some twisted sense of retribution for taunting death. The words of Nozomi held much more weight, he needed to start working with others. Apart of being Spider-Man meant that he needed to have allies, to show the world he wasn't an isolated individual.

His left foot touched the asphalt, steadily pulling each foot closer towards the building. He hated that he knew this was the best choice to make. "I can just fight my way out if I need too, I'm pretty sure I can take down Watanabe?" Taeko thought, passing by the watching citizens.

"Here we go, time to either fight or get hired." He said, waiting for the group of people exiting the main entrances. Once he stepped inside, all eyes were on him, instantly making him rub his neck. Taeko could feel the burning eyes of the heroes and staff stare at him.

He walked up to the main office, seated behind a large brown desk. She wore a white dress shirt with a bright red hat. She had ash-brown hair, and looked to be within her mid-30s. The desk had a golden plaque that read "Liliste Nomura". The woman looked up at Taeko, and quickly shot a look of disgust, but went back to typing away at her computer.

"Ahem...uh, hey there, I'm here for a meeting with Yaoyorozu. I don't have a Spider-email, so I just dropped by." Taeko cleared his throat, already feeling some sort of intense hatred radiating off the woman. Liliste didn't acknowledge his presence for a few minutes, until she sent her last email.

"Do you assume that I'm the receptionist?" Liliste questioned, scaring more than any other villain he ever faced. Not even that vampire that he fought last week held the same candle of intensity.

"Was I not supposed to? You're just sitting at the front desk... like a receptionist." Taeko replied, starting to whisper at the end of his explanation as she continued to glare at him. "I should probably just try and find her, shouldn't I?"

"No." Interrupted Liliste, displaying a clear tone of vexation. The now upset woman pointed at the holden plaque on her table, bringing Taeko's gaze back onto it. "I am one of the managers at this agency, and I'm making an executive decision. Our foundation thrives on the quality of heroes, not with the ill-favored cognition of vigilantes. Might I add that your "webs" are defecation! You have no place here, I suggest leaving befo-"